News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Viper t-56 swap HELP!

Started by JThotrodjunkie, October 18, 2012, 12:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JThotrodjunkie

I need help! Bought all the parts, 2006 Viper t-56, quicktime bellhousing (t56 to 440), 130 tooth 10.5 flywheel, built a new tunnel, but for the life of me I can not find what clutch to use or piece together!!!  Where I live the local speed shop will not separate a clutch kit (disc 1 1/8, 26 spline and pressure plate for 10.5 flywheel) What the heck!  Car is 1968 Charger, 383, a/c. All new full floor, trunk pan, full quarters coming soon...
Thanks for any knowledge on this subject!
WAR is often caused by clashes between religions, religion is now a capitalist market, forget all of it.  Take 15-20 min out of the day and look around at the world and be thankful we are on this planet, warmed by a star, because in the end all you get is a dirt nap!

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Chryco Psycho

McLeod sell the PP & disc separatly as well good product too  :2thumbs:

JThotrodjunkie

Thanks guys!  I like McLeod and Hays as well.  I will be building an all aluminum Indy Hemi with road race profile cam for the car later but for now it's the old 440...
WAR is often caused by clashes between religions, religion is now a capitalist market, forget all of it.  Take 15-20 min out of the day and look around at the world and be thankful we are on this planet, warmed by a star, because in the end all you get is a dirt nap!

moparstuart

Quote from: JThotrodjunkie on October 18, 2012, 07:29:20 PM
Thanks guys!  I like McLeod and Hays as well.  I will be building an all aluminum Indy Hemi with road race profile cam for the car later but for now it's the old 440...
can you post some pictures of you install and build.  I'm doing this also and any help would be great   :2thumbs:     where did you buy your bell housing and all the other stuff  ? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

JThotrodjunkie

I will post some pics soon, need friends to help!  The bell is a Quicktime unit and can be used with the factory hydraulics for the viper or the old school mechanical linkage, I have had trouble finding what to use as there are no instructions...

moparstuart

Quote from: JThotrodjunkie on October 22, 2012, 02:28:56 PM
I will post some pics soon, need friends to help!  The bell is a Quicktime unit and can be used with the factory hydraulics for the viper or the old school mechanical linkage, I have had trouble finding what to use as there are no instructions...
these are a bodies but they helped me alot , i'm using the hydrolic set up an doing away with the linkage 

http://www.bigblockdart.com/forum/showthread.php?3985-T-56-6-speed-discussion...updated-06-28-09

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=183871

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=173837

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=154280

JThotrodjunkie

I have read that a 2002 camaro clutch master works with mods, cheaper than a tilton, wilwood etc.  hydraulic line is easy too it's -3an and the fittings are all available thru russel/earls.  I had to cut just past the inner trans crossmember bolts outwards, I used rectangular structural tubing that fit right inside the crossmember, put the trans back up and have roughly 1 inch clearance. I tacked in the tubing and made a rectangular opening for the shifter which also doubles as the top of the crossmember. The trans tunnel was hand bent from plate that is twice as thick as the floor (extra insurance!). I can use the auto column shift carpet or fake out a floor shift manual oe style with the factory viper shifter already offset towards the driver!  Pics will come but I went all out and do not really have before, just after.  If you don't care about factory carpet, look up the Nascar versions of 68-69-70 charger interior pics, they are awesome. They put rectangular structural on the top of the torsion bar crossmember for extra rigidity but will require the carpet to be modified.