News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to find missing fender tag info?

Started by wordslikebullets, October 23, 2012, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wordslikebullets

So I bought my first 2nd gen charger at a local auction and I think I got a steal.  However it is missing the fender tag.  How do I find out what the car came with. Also I would like to search for the missing 383.  How would I find the number that would have been on that motor or is that a lost cause.  The car needs lots of work so in the down time I want to look for the lost motor.  Is there a way to get a reprint of the broadcast sheet?  You guys are great I will add pics soon. :2thumbs:
I Love Chargers Yes I Do....I love Charger How Bout You

wordslikebullets

By the way I will be selling the wheels soon they were on my other car I just sold.

HANDM

Without a fender tag or build sheet, you are pretty much stuck with looking closely at the car and any others around or online to determine whats there and what isn't

The vin will be stamped on the engine......

Chargerguy74

Yeah, with no build sheet it is kind of guess work. Keep in mind a lot could have changed in 40+ years.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Brock Lee

Yeah, and it was common in the 70's for guys to pick optional components from junkyard cars and add them to their cars. Common upgrades were remote mirror, passenger side mirror,  and light package add ons.

Ghoste

In other words, don't worry about what it came with and just build the car the way you like an dhave fun with it.

wordslikebullets

You guys are awesome.  I was planning to do that anyways it would have been fun to see what was original that's all.  oh and by the way I love the general lee.  It is one of the reasons I love chargers and I bleed mopar.  However I got it out of my system with a rattle can and duke wheels.  I'm looking forward to the build.  And I'm going to take my time and do it right.  I'm sure that I will need lots more help.  Thanks in advance.