News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Shifter wire inside the shift arm

Started by jflazlo, October 22, 2012, 09:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jflazlo

I have a 69 charger and the wire inside the console  shifter is damaged.  The black button that you press to change from park to drive and all the other gears comes out with the wire attached.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement wire?  I will try to post a pic this week.

John_Kunkel

If it helps, the P/N is 2950210....try the NOS vendors.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I had to buy a whole "new" shifter assembly just fyi when my cable broke on my 69.  Nobody had just the cable.

seaweed

Mine were of in my 68, but i found a thin wire with black-plastic coat on and i drilled up the hole in both of the old end's, heated them and filled with tin and pushed them together. it works great for me now. A little tricky to adjust the button function. But maybe you'll find one near at a god price, I Had to fix mine by myself course it's hard to find one here in Sweden.

jflazlo

Hey guys thanx for the info..Im am still looking, John_Kunkel I tried that part number you gave me in a bunch of different parts places and nothing came up.  Can you send me the link of where you found it?
Thanx.

Ghoste

Doesn't BEA offer them as a reproduced part?

bull

Brock Lee

Getting a new shifter solves many problems. The bushings are nylon and wear out. Then the metal wears into an oval shape and creates a sloppy shifter. They also tend to warp over time.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: jflazlo on October 23, 2012, 04:05:15 PM
Hey guys thanx for the info..Im am still looking, John_Kunkel I tried that part number you gave me in a bunch of different parts places and nothing came up.  Can you send me the link of where you found it?
Thanx.

The number is from the factory parts book, page 21-30-353.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

jflazlo

HI,
I want to thank everyone for their help, I ended up buying another shift arm from Tony's Auto parts store in NJ.
Thanx again