News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the best muscle car ever?????!!!!!!!!!!

Started by scat pack fever, October 21, 2012, 07:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

Time has blurred the lines a LOT as to what a musclecar is Nacho.  I agree with you but I think we are the minority anymore.

70rr 69ch

just saying it depenes on your definition of a muscle car.The lines have been blurd,but if a cuda or mustang are muscle cars what happened to the pony cars.All you need to do is look at the back seat.Just saying  :cheers:   

Ghoste

No argument from me.  Like I said I am in full agreement, I think the public at large though don't see it the way we do.

JB400

They never made a muscle car after 1974.  Unfortunate end of an era. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Cooter

So a smaller car with a HUGE engine cannot be a musclecar huh? Well There's ALOT of HEMI Dart/Barracuda guys that would beg to differ. As well as the Cuda/Challenger guys. "pony" car was a term coined for the Freakin' Mustang. Just because the cars appear to look alike, that doesn't mean they are alike.
I can bet there are some SS 396 Camaro guys that would strongly disagree with the above statements as well. Anything with a huge engine, basically has enough power to be dangerous to drive IMO, deserves and earned the name Musclecar.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

The term "musclecar" has been loosely defined over the years.  Some say it started with the 64 GTO, while others say the Chrysler 300 started it all.  I strongly believe it's just a matter of opinion.  Anymore, I believe the term "musclecar" now applies to any performance car that is not a 4 door, or a 2 seater sportscar.  But, by original definition, it is reserved for a midsized car with a full sized engine as defined be the 64 GTO.  For the record, 4 door performance car is called a sports sedan.

Please don't hang me

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 23, 2012, 09:57:50 PM
by original definition, it is reserved for a midsized car with a full sized engine

it is what it is, even pony cars owners ( and lot of the marketing world ) won't like

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_car

In fact a CHARGER with a 318 IS NOT a Muscle car either by definition, just R/Ts or maybe even all Big Blocks
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1974dodgecharger

people think a big engine is a muscle car, but in reality a smaller compact, fuel efficient, is a true muscle car.

1981 shelby charger, 2.2l, turbo, 900hp of muscle....

JB400

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 23, 2012, 10:36:52 PM
people think a big engine is a muscle car, but in reality a smaller compact, fuel efficient, is a true muscle car.

1981 shelby charger, 2.2l, turbo, 90hp of muscle....
I fixed it for you.  Your 0 got stuck. :D :nana:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

You're right Nacho, a 318 Charger is most definitely not a musclecar.

Cooter

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 23, 2012, 10:20:55 PM
by original definition, it is reserved for a midsized car with a full sized engine

it is what it is, even pony cars owners ( and lot of the marketing world ) won't like

In fact a CHARGER with a 318 IS NOT a Muscle car either by definition, just R/Ts or maybe even all Big Blocks

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Argue that in the court of public opinion and see how far you get....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

4cruzin

I think this one holds some weight . . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

1974dodgecharger

what is that? As in what kind of car?

Does not look like a shelby charger to me..... :scratchchin:
Quote from: 4cruzin on October 24, 2012, 11:39:54 AM

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 24, 2012, 01:04:38 PM
what is that? As in what kind of car?

Does not look like a shelby charger to me..... :scratchchin:
Quote from: 4cruzin on October 24, 2012, 11:39:54 AM
That is one of my future cars.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Cooter on October 24, 2012, 11:32:48 AM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 23, 2012, 10:20:55 PM

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. Argue that in the court of public opinion and see how far you get....

LOL, I'm agree I will loose the court opinion... as many true statements did allong the history ( ask Galileo, for example LOL )

I use to be on the "looser" side of the game, but with the real arguments I'm in peace ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

DAY CLONA

Quote from: scat pack fever on October 21, 2012, 07:23:22 PM
corvettes, mustangs, camaros, novas...they sold a ton of cars. But what is the best looking muscle car of all time

As much as I love 69/70 Chargers......the 63 Vette, trumps all IMHO

Mike

scat pack fever

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 25, 2012, 02:45:49 AM
corvettes, mustangs, camaros, novas...they sold a ton of cars. But what is the best looking muscle car of all time

Mike

I have always liked the slpit window coupes. I still like 69 charger better, but those are very cool. I heard that people used to remove the divider in the back window.

scat pack fever

Quote from: Ghoste on October 21, 2012, 07:26:23 PM
On this site?  What answer did you think you would get? :smilielol:

It looks like I got more non charger responses than we thought.

johnnyseville

Best Looking I would have to go with 68-70 Charger, runner up 1971 Ford Mustang Mach I with the Boss 351, loved the extreme fastback, quick too.    Fastest  1969 ZL-1 Camaro, sorry :'
too many to list!

1969chargerrtse

That's like asking who's the prettiest women?  To many are equally perfect. 68/70 Mopars and GM, pony and mid size. No way one stands out as the best.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

HeavyFuel

Mike

They are sweet.....and the tailights are right. :D

HeavyFuel

Quote from: scat pack fever on October 25, 2012, 06:58:02 AM

Mike

I have always liked the slpit window coupes. I still like 69 charger better, but those are very cool. I heard that people used to remove the divider in the back window.

...or maybe they got '64.