News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

good ol fashion "what's it worth" thread w/pics. *Dialup beware*

Started by Bandit72, February 08, 2006, 06:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

just to make this short and sweet...my brother has always wanted a 60's mustang (i think he's adopted) but anyway i recently found a pair of factory 289 4-speed mustangs, i'm not too sure of the year, but i know they are 60's coupes...one would be more of a parts car and the other seems really nice and mostly complete. The complete one has very solid floors, trunk, and rockers, but looks like the drivers quarter panel was filled with bondo at on time. Both cars are missing the intake and carbs off the engines but all of the 4 speed stuff is there. The 2nd car as i say would be more of a parts car so i didn't check it out near as good as the first, did notice that it has alot of chrome still intact and doesn't seem "too" rusty but is rough to say the least. between the 2 cars there are all of the interior and body parts, and i have plenty of ford guys to help me get an intake and carb for it.

Now to the reason i stopped to ask about the cars any way...in the middle of the mess of wrecked trucks and such..there is a 72 Dodge Charger, this car is very plane-jain and would be more of a parts car, the only thing the charger has going for it is it has a console and shifter. It is a 318 car with engine and tranny still intact. Besides the front, teh car seems really straight and rust free (front was wrecked in teh 80's) It has all of it's chrome trim including vinyl top trim, and near mint tail lights. The car has all of the dash stuff i need to put my dash back together also.

The guy is wanting to sell them whole so i can't just buy the parts i need and leave. He told me to make an offer on them and get back to him...so what do you think i should offer?

i'm sure your all getting tired of "whats it worth" threads, but i dont' have the slightest idea.

thanks  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Bandit72

Bandit72

Bandit72

here's pics of the decent mustang

Bandit72

decent stang

Bandit72

decent interior and parts stang

Bandit72

last pics, parts stang

TruckDriver

WOW! none of those cars are worth anything but parts. Maybe $500 for the Charger if the passenger mirror, console are good. What the heck is all the dust from on  the Stang?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bandit72

the charger and one of the stangs was only intended for parts.... the pics i got don't do that blue stang jusice....it is actually a pretty decent looking car....all the dust is from sitting in a barn for 20+ years....

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on February 08, 2006, 06:49:06 PM
WOW! none of those cars are worth anything but parts. Maybe $500 for the Charger if the passenger mirror, console are good. What the heck is all the dust from on  the Stang?

I hate to shoot you down, but they are worth way more than that.  If any of the Mustangs are K codes (289 HP), then you have a good find.  In rough shape, like the mustang parts car, a K-code would bring $3000-5000, more if it was a fastback and even more if it was a convertible.  If it is a bit nicer, the price goes up considerably.  Mint K code coupes can bring $25000-30000 at auction.  Most K codes were GTs, so if any were GTs, check them over carefully.  If it is just an a or c code mustang, most of them bring $1000-2000 in that shape.  The Charger is rough, but it is worth at least $500 if parted out correctly...... 
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

THE CHARGER PUNK

dpm68

Actully those 'stangs aren't 68s at all - they are at least '65s if not 64, which of course would even make it (them) more desireable to ford fans. Any 4v first or second year pony will fetch some good cash when done up right - especially a K-Code/4 spd. one. I say offer him 2 grand or so for the whole schmear, but be prepared to pay more. If you can haul all three of them out of there for 2k, then you probably have a good deal on your hands and one happy (foster) brother. Good luck.- -

Drache

As for early mustangs, I prefer the very rare '64 Fastback. We had one at a carshow in Quesnel, very nice!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Nupe

That 72 looks like it has plenty of good parts.  Especially that passenger mirror.   :icon_smile_cool:

Call me crazy, but it looks to also have some decent body parts also.   :yesnod:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Bandit72

well i got the charger....guy wouldn't part with the stangs after all....paid $400. Going to get it this summer. The interior has afew good peices left, most of them are very "chalky" and dry rotted though. quarters are excellent, all the vinyl top trim is there, all in all very little rust.

Later

(i know, this is a very old post to go and "dig up")

dodgeboy67

I THINK A CAR IS  WORTH WHATEVER YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT......NOBODY ACCEPT YOU CAN PUT A PRICE ON YOUR DREAM CAR

andy74

Quote from: Bandit72 on January 14, 2007, 04:23:04 AM
well i got the charger....guy wouldn't part with the stangs after all....paid $400. Going to get it this summer. The interior has afew good peices left, most of them are very "chalky" and dry rotted though. quarters are excellent, all the vinyl top trim is there, all in all very little rust.

Later

so what parts are going to be for sale?

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 08, 2006, 08:32:07 PM
$500 for all 3.   :o  Rustangs are a dime a dozen...

:iagree: Hardly a day goes by that I don't see a first gen Mustang somewhere either driving, roadside, in a parking lot, etc. that looks "decent." They're everywhere.

Bandit72

Quote from: andy74 on January 14, 2007, 10:45:04 AM
Quote from: Bandit72 on January 14, 2007, 04:23:04 AM

Later

so what parts are going to be for sale?

i'm not sure quite yet...at first it was gettiing parted out asap, but now i'm thinking of holding onto it for awhile and maybe slowly getting the parts together to fix it, rebuild the 318 and make a daily driver out of it....