News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you save a broadcast sheet after tranny fluid was spilled on it?

Started by JPL, October 16, 2012, 01:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPL

Can you save a broadcast sheet after tranny fluid was spilled on it?
Is there something that can be put on it to help absorb the fluid without lifting the ink?

cdr

I WOULD TRY getting a pan & put a layer of rice & then the build sheet & then cover with rice,let it sit for a week or 2,that would be un cooked rice ,disclaimer: if your car turns into a toyota or honda SORRY   :rotz:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

nvrbdn

uncooked. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:scratchchin:  hope that works. let us know. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

richRTSE

my daughter dropped her sister's iPod in the toilet and the rice trick worked to dry it out...we put it in a ziploc bag though, not really practical with  build sheet...

68X426

Rice might change its material properties in this case (turning gooey or mushy).  :Twocents:

Consider cat litter made of pine or wood shavings. Feline Pine is one brand for example. It's biodegradeable and all natural. It has great absorption capacity.

Good luck. :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

twodko

You might also consider scanning it for a couple plain black print copies before you make fried rice out of it.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

cdr

Quote from: twodko on October 16, 2012, 06:52:14 PM
You might also consider scanning it for a couple plain black print copies before you make fried rice out of it.  :Twocents:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

charge69

When we were tearing my car apart, taking every nut and bolt off of it, we found 2 build sheets. One was missing the lower left part of it. This one was found in the springs of the back seat upright. The other one was found on the floor, under the original carpet and literally covered in factory undercoating on most of it making it all but unreadable. We took this one and put it in the parts washer (my friend has a professional parts washer in his garage) and ran cleaning solution (professional low-vapor fluid) on it for about an hour and then gently brushed the old undercoating off of it.

This method worked very well and showed the numbers on it to match the other build sheet and also matched my car! We just let the cleaned and brushed build sheet air dry and I went ahead and had both build sheets laminated as they just seemed too fragile to let remain unprotected. The missing part of the back seat build sheet is there and readable on the under-carpet build sheet so, when you hold them together, a complete readable build sheet is there. Both build sheets have all the right numbers across the top and list almost all accessories by their correct numbers.

My point is just carefully run some parts cleaner fluid (not carb cleaner) over yours and I bet it will remove the tranny fluid and not harm the sheet. :2thumbs:

Chargerguy74

Might not hurt to do some practice runs on something similar first.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

tan top

awww man thats a bummer
how much was spilt ?  could try dabbing it with a rag & paint shop degreaser/panel wipe  , dont rub it  just sort of blot it  :shruggy: :popcrn:
think i would try scaning it first though
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JPL

Quote from: tan top on October 17, 2012, 03:31:12 PM
  awww man thats a bummer
how much was spilt ?  could try dabbing it with a rag & paint shop degreaser/panel wipe  , dont rub it  just sort of blot it  :shruggy: :popcrn:
think i would try scaning it first though

Not a lot was spilled, but, by the time I saw it, it spread throughout the whole sheet..........

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JPL

I scaned it for now, but I don't want to try anything that might ruin it, so until I know for sure, here it sits, but I might soak another document, then try different things you guys said.............

jonw29

I hope that this isnt taboo here.This is a reply retrieved from the BOSS302 site.I hope it helps.

If you find that the buildsheet has been blackened...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 08:16:40 am »Quote...by that tar-like carpet underlayment, here is a trick to help.  Yes it sounds scary, but it works.  Really.  I did it!  And so have several friends.  Does not damage the buildsheet nor the ink.

Soak the buildsheet in mineral spirits for about 15-20 minutes.  Jiggle the pan every so often so move the mineral spirits around.  Next, soak in water, changing the water a few times.  Let dry on a pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap.  Voila!

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Tilar

Has anyone tried to use regular oil dry on one? You might try a regular piece of paper with some typing on it soaked with oil just to try, but I bet it would work.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

areibel

My wife sews all kinds of fancy stuff, if she gets oil or wax on fabric she has a trick.  She sandwiches it between a couple pieces of brown paper bag and irons it.  Don't get the iron really hot, and keep it moving over the whole area.  Once the oile gets warm it migrates to the brown paper, you might have to change it a couple times but she thinks it would help (and she's smarter than me!)