News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 R/T (what a crying shame!)

Started by 71_Charger_R/T, October 18, 2012, 05:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

looks like it was well straight , when parked  ,  shame  , wonder what the frame rails are like ? :scratchchin:
 should be  restored  :Twocents:  
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1974dodgecharger

I have never tried the pile of cash technique before I be too scared of getting robbed?  Right now im sitting on 20k in cash in 100's you ever seen them in real life stacked on each other?  Pretty impressive I must say....All this for a 68 charger im looking for and being picky as hell....it will be 30k in Feb. timeframe  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 18, 2012, 11:41:04 PM

I would go at it like this:

Step #1 - Bring an AMD catalog.  Start showing the owner how much money it will take to buy parts for that resto.  A minute or two of this will go a long way but too much will just insult & piss him off. 

Setp#2 -  Then start offering him a pile of CASH.  Use 20's so the pile looks bigger.  Don't promise an amount, don't talk trades, and don't offer to write a big check.  Put cash in front of his eyes.

charger_fan_4ever

If these hoarders atleast had the cars in under cover in dry storage i'd have no issue with the "i'm gonna get her going one day"
BUTTTTT

When they are put out to pasture for years and neglected they need a kick in the arse.

Looked like a perfectly good car at one point, what happened to it ? When gas got expensive he just parked it in the field ?

JB400

I know what you mean by a stack of bills.  It is quite impressive.  I hope you end up getting the car.

Ghoste

Those are the ones that get me too.  Without even so much as a tarp or something to make a token effort at protecting the car how it could it be considered as anything but abandoned?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on October 19, 2012, 08:18:23 AM
If these hoarders atleast had the cars in under cover in dry storage i'd have no issue with the "i'm gonna get her going one day"
BUTTTTT

When they are put out to pasture for years and neglected they need a kick in the arse.

Looked like a perfectly good car at one point, what happened to it ? When gas got expensive he just parked it in the field ?

good point...they just have it out in the woods for the environments to attack the living day lights out of it and cant bring her back unless you buy the whole AMD cataloque.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 19, 2012, 06:33:19 AM
I have never tried the pile of cash technique before I be too scared of getting robbed?  Right now im sitting on 20k in cash in 100's you ever seen them in real life stacked on each other?  Pretty impressive I must say....All this for a 68 charger im looking for and being picky as hell....it will be 30k in Feb. timeframe  :2thumbs:

Step #1 - Bring an AMD catalog.  Start showing the owner how much money it will take to buy parts for that resto.  A minute or two of this will go a long way but too much will just insult & piss him off. 

Setp#2 -  Then start offering him a pile of CASH.  Use 20's so the pile looks bigger.  Don't promise an amount, don't talk trades, and don't offer to write a big check.  Put cash in front of his eyes.

Really where do you live and where is the money...Just joking, but as a L.E.O. I would not advertise this. My 2 cents

Mike DC

When you're bringing cash, there's no rule saying you have to go there alone and unarmed.   :2thumbs:

You can also offer to buy the guy lunch and make the catalog/cash offer in a public place.

In most cases I think the extra persuasiveness of the cash tends to max out around $3000.  If you're not already succeeding with $4-5000 then you probably won't succeed with any amount.  If the car is worth more than that and you're still bargaining then you might as well go back to offering a check.

Yeah bigger amounts look impressive, but I think it's mostly about intoxicating the guy with the sight of more money than he'll ever make in a single paycheck.  It's the fact the he can SEE the money and he would get it RIGHT NOW - the importance of that part cannot be overstated.  It's a psychological thing.  Even if he just has to go to the bank and get a check cashed, that's already enough to take some of the emotional power away from the offer.  

Another factor is that a lot of guys make offers on derilect cars and they're just blowing smoke.  Showing cash proves you're serious.  It's probably not something you'd expect to be a factor but remember you're not responding to a Craigslist ad.  You're trying to convince someone who wasn't offering the car for sale.  

1974dodgecharger

NO biggie to me hahahaha....its in a bank vault if you can get past the security guards, the cameras, etc..I will gladly hand you the money and extra money in the vault.  I heard banks hold lots of money...... :icon_smile_big:
Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 19, 2012, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 19, 2012, 06:33:19 AM

Really where do you live and where is the money...Just joking, but as a L.E.O. I would not advertise this. My 2 cents

FastbackJon

I think a lot of people just like owning potential because it feeds their "what if I could" dreams and imagination without ever actually having to do any work.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

Interesting thought Jon, perhaps you're right.

69rtse4spd

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on October 18, 2012, 05:24:14 PM
Do what my bro did, a guy down the road from him had a '70 bee sitting out in the weather and my bro went and offered to store it for him free of charge in his barn.    Hopefully after a while the guy will break down and sell it to him :)

Good idea, if they are fairly close.

tan top

Quote from: FastbackJon on October 19, 2012, 05:35:58 PM
I think a lot of people just like owning potential because it feeds their "what if I could" dreams and imagination without ever actually having to do any work.

yeah could have a point there !! :yesnod:

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on October 18, 2012, 05:24:14 PM
Do what my bro did, a guy down the road from him had a '70 bee sitting out in the weather and my bro went and offered to store it for him free of charge in his barn.    Hopefully after a while the guy will break down and sell it to him :)

:2thumbs:  good plan  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ACUDANUT

Get him drunk and bring cash and a trailer.

Miller17m

Kinda like this Dans 68?
:brickwall: how do you post pictures from a iPad????? :brickwall:

six-tee-nine

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 19, 2012, 09:07:58 PM
Get him drunk and bring cash and a trailer.

Know a guy that got himself a Harley that way. Nasty but really cheap...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ghoste

It's nothing new, Barrett-Jackson have sold hundreds of cars that way. :lol:

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on October 18, 2012, 08:40:59 PM
If only someone would start a Charger rescue like they have animal rescues...  Sarah McLachlan could sing over the top of a commercial showing poor rusted out Chargers and beg people to donate money... "For just the price of a cup of coffee, you can make sure this adorable B-Body gets it's own gas, paint, and shelter... and you'll know you made a difference"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9t9zC91cG4&feature=related

:'(

BBD

kikgas01

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 19, 2012, 01:28:43 PM

When you're bringing cash, there's no rule saying you have to go there alone and unarmed.   :2thumbs:

You can also offer to buy the guy lunch and make the catalog/cash offer in a public place.

In most cases I think the extra persuasiveness of the cash tends to max out around $3000.  If you're not already succeeding with $4-5000 then you probably won't succeed with any amount.  If the car is worth more than that and you're still bargaining then you might as well go back to offering a check.

Yeah bigger amounts look impressive, but I think it's mostly about intoxicating the guy with the sight of more money than he'll ever make in a single paycheck.  It's the fact the he can SEE the money and he would get it RIGHT NOW - the importance of that part cannot be overstated.  It's a psychological thing.  Even if he just has to go to the bank and get a check cashed, that's already enough to take some of the emotional power away from the offer.   

Another factor is that a lot of guys make offers on derilect cars and they're just blowing smoke.  Showing cash proves you're serious.  It's probably not something you'd expect to be a factor but remember you're not responding to a Craigslist ad.  You're trying to convince someone who wasn't offering the car for sale. 

Mike, that is how I got this!

Showed him a pile of cash and drove it home.

Mike DC

Yep, cash really works!

Nice score there.  Looks like it has a lot of intact stuff to work with.  

JB400

Quote from: aussiemuscle on October 23, 2012, 08:09:30 PM
Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on October 18, 2012, 05:05:15 PM
He's gonna fix it up someday.  
offer to help him. someday will be today.
Let's get started. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Wrenches are ready.

Brightyellow69rtse

cash is king! mike dc is dead on. if you show up with a pile of cash im willing to bet since its just been rotting there hell cut it loose. people see that pile and greed takes over and before they know it the cash is in their pocket and your long gone!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: tan top on October 19, 2012, 05:55:35 AM
  wonder what the frame rails are like ? :scratchchin:

What frame rails?   :lol:

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: stripedelete on October 18, 2012, 09:25:34 PM
Any pics of the air flows?

Here's a few of the Air Flows.  :'(    Not a real high probability the Charger will ever leave it's resting spot.....
So,so sad!  :rotz: