News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Know This Charger - Is the Seller on Here?

Started by 68X426, October 18, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

A real sweet 1970 Charger, 440, Plum Crazy, is the car in question. It's on Ebay, seller goes by 1970moparmann, located in Chicago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-RT-440-4-Speed-Numbers-Matching-Original-Metal-/180999939227?forcev4exp=true

A friend is interested. Anyone know the car, or know the seller?

Thanks, Dan. :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TUFCAT

Neither can I.  I don't know him but we've exchanged thread comments so he knows I share the love for 1970 Chargers! I've been there before and I know how much its gonna hurt to sell a car like this. In that regard I wish him good fortune, prosperity, and my very best wishes.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

surmanajaja

Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 18, 2012, 07:48:50 PM
I can not believe the car is up for sale.  :o

well he has a really sweet looking ´68 also, so maybe he just wants a change.

love the car, wonder what the reserve is...

Mopar Nut

Quote from: surmanajaja on October 19, 2012, 01:40:04 AM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on October 18, 2012, 07:48:50 PM
I can not believe the car is up for sale.  :o

well he has a really sweet looking ´68 also, so maybe he just wants a change.

love the car, wonder what the reserve is...
This is what he says in the ad "The reason why I'm selling is I want to jump into an Aero Mopar".
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

1974dodgecharger

bidding I bet gets up to 40k minimal on this car...thats a nice one...especially the 4 speed.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 19, 2012, 02:29:10 AM
bidding I bet gets up to 40k minimal on this car...thats a nice one...especially the 4 speed.
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

RIDELIKEHELL

Mike has a few MOPARS afterall he's a MOPARHOLIC :lol:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1970Moparmann

Ah oh, the cat is out of the bag....... :smilielol:

As some of you know, I've been a total basket freak with even thinking of letting a car go.  I'm finding out that a lot of board members here have gone through the same-it sucks.

Today was unreal with the amount of questions and people that wanted a call back.  Don't know how many are dealers. 

The reserve is really high right now because I'm still not 100% convinced I want to let her go.  This is the most original complete Charger I have owned.

We'll see what happens. :shruggy:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 18, 2012, 10:11:16 PM
Neither can I.  I don't know him but we've exchanged thread comments so he knows I share the love for 1970 Chargers! I've been there before and I know how much its gonna hurt to sell a car like this. In that regard I wish him good fortune, prosperity, and my very best wishes.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Thanks.  I am actually totally preoccupied about what the hell I'm doing.  I'm acting like a female trapped in a mans body- WTF! :brickwall:

1970Moparmann

So RKMotors is the high bidder.  Hmm..  Anyone have any experience?

68X426

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 22, 2012, 10:57:28 PM
So RKMotors is the high bidder.  Hmm..  Anyone have any experience?

You say that the bidder o***s is RKMotors? How do you know? :scratchchin:

From their website:

RK Motors Charlotte is your one source for the purchase, service, modification or build of a classic car or high performance custom. With more than 65,000 square feet of retail showroom space, a 16,000 OEM restoration facility and a 15,000 custom build shop, RK Motors Charlotte can do it all! 1,722 cars sold worldwide!

My experience is that they think pretty highly of themselves. I'll leave it at that. They probably earned it, some folks love them, so not so much. The owner (Rob?) is regarded by some as a Mopar expert. I think he is a member here, but infrequent. I remember posts from years ago he was involved with, when he was in Ohio and was known as Best of Show, but can't remember any details.

My assumption is that they are looking for a deal, and then flip it quick at a top price. They do have quite a powerful website presence, and typically get a premium on their prices.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Bob T

Well, if I was in the market for a 70 R/T, then I'd be chasing this one, so nice  :2thumbs:
Good luck with the sale 70MM  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

68r/t

I think 1hotdaytona sold his Black 68 to them through an ebay ad, Best of show they were called at the time.  they turned it over to someone in Russia fairly quickly and at a good mark up if i recall correctly.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 68r/t on October 23, 2012, 05:54:30 AM
I think 1hotdaytona sold his Black 68 to them through an ebay ad, Best of show they were called at the time.  they turned it over to someone in Russia fairly quickly and at a good mark up if i recall correctly.

huh, really? Then why couldnt 1hotdaytona do then? What makes 'dealers' so special they can sell it at a mark up vs a regular joe? We have internet access just like they do so it should level the playing field, correct?

JB400

The difference?  Average joe thinks he knows what it's worth.  Dealer knows what it's worth.  Dealer also knows how to sell it as well.  Average joe just washes it and puts a sign on it.  Much more to it than you think.  There is an art to finageling.

1970Moparmann

This is my problem right now.  I have no idea what the realistic value of the car is.  Being what it is, I think it would fetch more then what it is at now. 

I've talked to probably 10 people so far who had questions, and there are about 5 more that I left my number to call since they asked.

We'll see what happens.  :shruggy:

charger_fan_4ever

IMO bare minimum I would take would be 50K.
Orignal color combo,#'s match, 4 gear, original metal. Its got it all goin on.

I think a real nice rust free R/T with a show quality paint job, mint interior is a 40k car even non numbers. You sure can't buy/build one for that price.

RK motors bout a hemi C500 a few months ago for 98k off the bag now listed at 139k.

surmanajaja

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on October 23, 2012, 08:31:46 AM
IMO bare minimum I would take would be 50K.
Orignal color combo,#'s match, 4 gear, original metal. Its got it all goin on.

yes, for its shape I would say under 40k its a steal, and it should fetch 48-50k even todays market. but the market changes every day, u never know who is buying this week and who is selling, so just have to wait for the auction to end to see for what it goes.

charger_fan_4ever

What is the world coming to bidding haulted at 28K ?????

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on October 24, 2012, 11:27:52 AM
What is the world coming to bidding haulted at 28K ?????

people having financial issues? What it can sell for and what is appraised for are two different things in the real world. This car should fetch 40k, but probably valued at 60k.

RIDELIKEHELL

50k plus imo for this car...btw I wish I had the $ I'd buy it :yesnod:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on October 24, 2012, 12:55:29 PM
50k plus imo for this car...btw I wish I had the $ I'd buy it :yesnod:

sell yours and get his  :icon_smile_big: