News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbirds - Did any have the nose and/or wing removed prior to first sale?

Started by Arnie Cunningham, October 17, 2012, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

OK, here is a new thread for the topic.  The original thread has gone haywire.

"Were any Superbirds converted back to regular Road Runners prior to sale to the first owner?"

I think we can safely say "NO".  To be converted back to a regular Road Runner would require not just the removal of the nose cone and wing.  One would also have to remove the rear window and wing quarter supports.  This would be an enormous amount of work.  The only car that I know of that might have warranted that much work would be the one crushed by building collapse during the hurricane.  (someone else can post that photo)  I suspect that car was junked.  Also, even if parts were removed, that doesn't change the fact that the car remains a "Superbird". 

So - the next, more clear, question becomes: "Did anyone remove parts from a Superbird, prior its sale to the first owner, as a means of making the car more salable?

Almost certainly.  Please use this thread to post your information regarding this topic even if you have posted before on the other diverted thread.

Thanks
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Aero426

The comments about 390018 simply need to be moved to the proper thread, and possibly, that thread should be unlocked. 

hemigeno

There is no need for this thread.  I simply haven't had time yet to move things over.

In my opinion, the conversation about whether Tony's car was sold with a nose and wing is quite germane to the original thread - but the discussion about broadcast sheets, etc. is better served to be moved into a different thread as was done with a couple of items yesterday.  Since more information is coming forward and the discussion has been (somewhat) civil so far, I'll probably unlock that thread and things can continue there... for now...  :lol: