News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil sensor location

Started by 71green go, October 16, 2012, 01:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

I ordered a new Oil sensor for my 440 ....at the top of the back of the block there are two tapped holes.........1 is 1/4" threaded hole...and the other looks like a 3/8" threaded hole which is currently plugged
I bought a new sensor but its the larger 3/8 size...can I remove the 3/8 plug and put sensor there and plug the 1/4" thrd hole?
seems like a simple yes answer...but want to make sure
Steve

Brightyellow69rtse

i would think so. or you could get a reducer and still use the 1/4 hole.  if the plugs been in there a while it might not wanna come out.

Fred

Quote from: 71green go on October 16, 2012, 01:53:14 PM
I ordered a new Oil sensor for my 440 ....at the top of the back of the block there are two tapped holes.........1 is 1/4" threaded hole...and the other looks like a 3/8" threaded hole which is currently plugged
I bought a new sensor but its the larger 3/8 size...can I remove the 3/8 plug and put sensor there and plug the 1/4" thrd hole?
seems like a simple yes answer...but want to make sure
Steve

Yes you can.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

71green go

John_Kunkel

The two threads are 1/8" NPT and 1/4" NPT...the 1/8" NPT is normally used for the factory OP sender/switch.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.