News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEED MEASUREMENTS Superbird Nose Supports

Started by Hemi Runner, October 02, 2012, 06:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemi Runner

Does anyone have the dimensions for these nose supports and the holes drilled in them? I don't need "correct" ones, just need to fabricate something to hold the nose in the right position for a while so I can mount my fiberglass fenders.

Hemi Runner

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

Arnie Cunningham

Are you talking about the "Z brackets" as many call them?
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Hemi Runner

No, I was talking about the main supports that bolt to the frame where the original RR bumper brackets were.

Arnie Cunningham

AH!  I am sure someone can measure those more easily than the Z brackets.  My car is 1500 miles away unfortunately.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Hemi Runner

I'm not looking to buy any but I wouldn't mind borrowing a pair lol..... my nose will be mounted with Chromoly tubing and dzus fasteners. My Z-braces will be aluminum sheet that is fastened to the nose mounting tubing with dzus fasteners. The headlights will be mounted in the tubing and will stay on the car when the nose is removed. Hopefully the turbos can be mounted under or behind the headlights. Trying to mock it all up now but need a way to mount the nose.

Hemi Runner

Dimensions?? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :smilielol:

Hemi Runner

Wow, how hard of a question is this to answer?? Anyone have a tape measure handy??

moparstuart

Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 17, 2012, 01:18:43 PM
Anyone??
call me tonight when i'm home (with the car )   and remind to to run out and do it

I will grab a take measure and get this done for you    816-935-1246   

70Sbird

Quote from: Hemi Runner on October 17, 2012, 01:18:43 PM
Anyone??

Mike, you should have called, this is what I get for not logging everyday. Come on over sometime and measure all you want!

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

4 inches x  20 inches    sorry i was by my self and measureing them on the car with my bum should was a pain , also my overflow bottle was right in the way figures 

here you go

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:   not fun to measure while still on the car

Hemi Runner

Thanks Stuart,
   That's enough information so that I can get a mock up and get the nose close. I'm trying to mount fiberglass fenders and the nose and I have nothing to reference off of. I tried to find some steel fenders which would allow me to fit the nose first and then fit my fiberglass fenders to the nose, but they're like finding hen's teeth..... :lol: Good thing I have all winter to do this!