News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to move a stripped 'shell' around?

Started by 69finder, October 15, 2012, 09:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69finder

I bought a few stripped down shells.  They are laying on the floor, what is a good way to move them around (to a parking spot).

I was thinking of buying an old stripped (but rolling) truck frame?  Or maybe a random axle for the back and put the front end suspension on?

There is access to a bobcat and other ways to lift it onto a trailer, but I'll never be able to get it off :)

JB400

Make up some dollies that bolt to the front frame rails and at front spring perches on the rear.  It'd just take some caster wheels and scrap metal and an afternoon of welding.

69finder

I was thinking that, but I might use some biig huge wheels.  Where I am renting, the place is a big ole mudbog! 

6pkrtse

I have done this with two cherry pickers before. Bolt up & lift off trailer, one at each end.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

GOTWING

will

I sent my car to Georgia from New York on those body casters, no issues. I called U.S.Cartool and recommended they make provisions for locking wheels and u-bolts to tie that sucker dwn for transport. Or you could go with the tow-bar contraption they had at Carlisle last year...

Lennard

Indygenerallee

Lennard, those look almost identical to mine! except mine is lower to the ground.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: will on October 16, 2012, 03:53:47 PMI called U.S.Cartool and recommended they make provisions for locking wheels and u-bolts to tie that sucker dwn for transport.
good idea, you could lock the wheels by drilling through the fork and the wheel itself and putting a bolt through everything.

Lennard

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 17, 2012, 02:03:40 PM
Lennard, those look almost identical to mine! except mine is lower to the ground.
I need some room for undercoat removal. ;)

Indygenerallee

QuoteI need some room for undercoat removal
That's what a rotiserre is for!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 17, 2012, 07:58:20 PM
QuoteI need some room for undercoat removal
That's what a rotiserre is for!  :icon_smile_big:
I thought they were for chickens, hot dogs, and ducks.   :icon_smile_big:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95907.msg1101406.html#msg1101406
Vote for $troker or Fred