News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our last show of the 2012 season... What the duck!?!?!

Started by BananaDan, October 15, 2012, 03:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Fred

Beautiful cars Dan. I never tire of seeing them. I'm guessing that's Bill's parked next to your's? the two compliment each other.  :2thumbs:
Looks like you had perfect weather too.
Those ducks are having the time of their lives.  Why fly when you can travel in style.  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

HeavyFuel

FlatbackFanatic

Great pics!!! I hope the ducks didn't leave any dropings in your car. :lol: :smilielol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BananaDan

Quote from: FlatbackFanatic on October 15, 2012, 06:31:07 PM
Great pics!!! I hope the ducks didn't leave any dropings in your car. :lol: :smilielol:

Come to think of it, I recall Bill yelling at one of the ducks for messing on his white interior...    :lol:

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Fred

bill440rt

Ahhh.... this show was a great way to bring the show season to an end. It's usually the last one of the year for us, & it's held in my hometown so I try not to miss it. A nice assortment showed up as usual. Two foodstands making fresh zeppole's and sausage sandwiches amongst other grilled fave's kept everyone well fed. And the DJ!!!! We crowned him "DJ of the Year" for not playing an abundance of '50's doo-wop, sock hop, jab a red hot poker in your ear music. Kept a great variety in his arsenal, it really was refreshing.

Fred, as promised we made sure the cat & ducks wouldn't miss another show. The ducks loved the show, but those damn feathered bastards made a mess out of my backseat. Still cleaning that duck dung.  :D

Here are some more photos from my camera, I'm not posting any doubles that Dan already posted. Lots of Mopars at the show.
Oh, BTW, the green '69 Satellite is owned by a very good friend of ours. Mostly original paint & interior.

1) The ducks really enjoyed the show!
2) Some modern iron also at the event.
3) Big block powered Challenger. I've known the previous owners since the '80's. It's changed hands thru the years, but it's still wearing the same paint from back in the '80's!
4) Bad-ass black Chevelle. SUPER nice resto.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

More pics.  :popcrn:

1) A turn-key, "pro-built" GL.
2) I dunno, something about that push bar doesn't seem right...   :scratchchin:
3) More modern Challengers.
4) My buddy's GTO, his high-school car from back in the '80's. Really a nice car.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Saved the best for last. My friend's '69 500. 440 4-speed, Dana car. Same guy that built that red Challenger as a kid back in high school. I was drooling over this.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

A383Wing

nice pics...the monkeys with paddles didn't show up, huh?

Bryan

Fred

Looks like you all had a great day Bill. I love your colour combo, sorry to hear the ducks made a mess of it.  It was probably the sight of the cat behind the wheel that had them pooping themselves.   
That GTO is a beauty. 

All in all, sounds like a perfect end to the season.  :2thumbs:

Chippa

Awesome pics guys!!! always love looking at some top shelf cars.....Your shows might be coming to an end but ours should hopefully just be starting  :yesnod: My first spring owning my girl so really looking forward to going to some shows and hanging out with new ppl who love their cars just as much as you folks :2thumbs:

kdebello

great pics Dan and Bill! Wish I could have made it...just too far to travel.

-Kevin

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

People must ask about the ducks, what is your usual answer.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Fred

71ChallengeHer

Great pics.   :2thumbs: Glad to see the ducks and cat got to enjoy the show.  :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

It took me a while to find the cat.  They're so much sneakier than ducks.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

BananaDan