News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible to adapt manual regulators to power?

Started by Dino, October 15, 2012, 06:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Since it would make sense to use as many existing parts as possible, what are the chances that the window regulators on 2nd gens are identical between manual and power?  I'm guessing the regulator itself is the same but what about the mounting plate for the motor?  The motor is bolted onto the regulator with three bolts as is the manual crank mechanism.  Any chance the motor will bolt onto a manual regulator?  Probably not but it was worth a question.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

moparfan53

Just saw this post. If you are still looking for info, the thread below on moparts may be of interest. It is about B body convertibles but as you know, the door window hardware is the same.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7373024&an=0&page=0

Dino

Quote from: moparfan53 on October 24, 2012, 09:43:57 PM
Just saw this post. If you are still looking for info, the thread below on moparts may be of interest. It is about B body convertibles but as you know, the door window hardware is the same.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7373024&an=0&page=0

That's very interesting.  If I can't find any power regs then at least I can turn my manual ones into power.  Thanks!   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on November 01, 2012, 12:04:32 PM
Find someone going the other way and swap?

I don't think I could find anyone who'd want to go from power to manual but it's worth a shot.

Ghoste

ChargerST

There's a whole power window setup for sale over at moparts for $800 in the b-body classifieds section.

I asked the same question about converting manual regulators but the consensus was that it is not possible.

Dino

Quote from: ChargerST on November 01, 2012, 01:58:05 PM
There's a whole power window setup for sale over at moparts for $800 in the b-body classifieds section.

I asked the same question about converting manual regulators but the consensus was that it is not possible.

Yeah that's moparjohn's.  He contacted me but it's the entire package for '68.  Both doors, wiring, regs, switches, the works.  Good deal too but all I need is the regs, I have everything else.  If I had a manual window '68 I'd buy it.