News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Similar?

Started by Charger454, October 14, 2012, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger454

It doesn't matter what decade your discussing, the overall scheme of things rips one another off. But it's interesting how the different countries still remained their own character. Simple yes, manufacturers catered to the interests of the local clientel. Nonetheless, interesting.

Even seen here in the first 30seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSd2QvY7wQ&list=FLTq3Bl1SqxqvquQHJRog_kw&index=41&feature=plpp_video

Oh, and the 67-68 GTO's possibly inspiring the 68-70 recessed rear window.
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

JB400

I have no idea what your saying, but as said before, 67 and 68 GTO's do not under any circumstances look the same.  I think you need to look at the 66 GTO, it's the same car as a 67 except for minor diffs. 68 GTO looks like a Chevelle and it was that styling that led to the 71 mopar bodystyle

Lennard

hatersaurusrex

The recessed window on the 2nd gens actually was a compromise.  One side wanted a fastback, but it was too expensive to produce the package tray, so they trade off and did the sail panels.   The story about it is on allpar somewhere.   I could care less if

And it's pretty obvious the Cuda/Challenger were a copy.  In fact, the 'Pony Car' forumla basically dictated that styling.   Mustangs and Camaros had already been using it for 4 or 5 years before the e-body was designed.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

plum500

Lip gloss rhymes with hair.

Patronus

Impala aint got nothin' on that Charger.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Curves and I great smile
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

lukedukem

Quote from: Patronus on October 14, 2012, 11:56:23 PM
Impala aint got nothin' on that Charger.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Curves and I great smile

yeah, she got a big bottom
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Patronus

The more I look at them - the Chrysler boys just did it right.  :coolgleamA:
Honestly, neither one of those Chevys does anything that the lines of a Mopar do to me.
I would rather walk.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

Sounds like we're comparing apples to basketballs to me.

charger01

Quote from: Charger454 on October 14, 2012, 09:40:03 PM
It doesn't matter what decade your discussing, the overall scheme of things rips one another off. But it's interesting how the different countries still remained their own character. Simple yes, manufacturers catered to the interests of the local clientel. Nonetheless, interesting.

Even seen here in the first 30seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBSd2QvY7wQ&list=FLTq3Bl1SqxqvquQHJRog_kw&index=41&feature=plpp_video

Oh, and the 67-68 GTO's possibly inspiring the 68-70 recessed rear window.

I also believe the mustang inspired the camaro.  It was the first pony car right?  Not sure where all this is going though.

68X426

They all have 4 wheels.  :slap:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

JB400

Barracuda came out first.  Mustang was in the limelight.  That's why we have pony cars instead of fishy cars.

Fred

As I said (in the thread that's gone missing)
Chevy had an idea.................. Dodge had a vision.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 15, 2012, 01:26:36 AM
As I said (in the thread that's gone missing)
Chevy had an idea.................. Dodge had a vision.
And Ford followed suit

Fred

Linen or wool blend?

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 15, 2012, 12:59:47 AM
Barracuda came out first.  Mustang was in the limelight.  That's why we have pony cars instead of fishy cars.

There's something very fishy about that.  I smell a rat.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 15, 2012, 01:44:52 AM

There's something very fishy about that.  I smell a rat.
What did you do, put a bb Chevy under the hood of your charger?

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 15, 2012, 01:46:12 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 15, 2012, 01:44:52 AM
Barracuda came out first.  Mustang was in the limelight.  That's why we have pony cars instead of fishy cars.

There's something very fishy about that.  I smell a rat.
What did you do, put a bb Chevy under the hood of your charger?

No, this rat's running for election.  He   goes by the name of "other"

Charger454

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 11:27:15 PM
67 and 68 GTO's do not under any circumstances look the same.  

68 GTO looks like a Chevelle and it was that styling that led to the 71 mopar bodystyle

Yeah sorry, brain fart. And your also right about the 71 Charger styling compared to the 68 GM stuff. That 1/4 window is exactly like it. But...so is a Gremlin!

The discussion is about the cars overall shape, or peices here and there. I'm not claiming that the entire Impala looks like a Charger. It's overall design from the side bares a similarity. And the window shape is spot on. Theres elements from GM in Mopar. Likewise, that's probably a two-way street.  

Yeah, I'm primarily a GM guy. But I'm still not bias. Afterall, just look at the contents of my garage gentleman. You'll quickly see I got much love for BOTH.  :cheers:
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

69finder

He's right, they all are the same, and I would like to add another car to make the point.

See, same!  Good observations OP!   :2thumbs:

Charger454

Quote from: 69finder on October 15, 2012, 09:22:08 AM
He's right, they all are the same, and I would like to add another car to make the point.

See, same!  Good observations OP!   :2thumbs:

The only observation here is that either your just being disrespectful or you TOTALLY didn't comprehend what the thread is about.

Also, you may want to thank the OP for having already stated that different countries had completely different designs...as stated in the very FIRST post. Here it is now:

"But it's interesting how the different countries still remained their own character. Simple yes, manufacturers catered to the interests of the local clientel."

Good observation!  :2thumbs:

skip68

[/quote]

didn't comprehend

[/quote]

:scratchchin:    What does that word mean?   Please don't use the big words because most of us don't knows the bigger words.    :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

I understand what you're saying Charger454.   I think it's just the look of the times.  Just like when the cars had tail fins.   :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger454

Quote from: skip68 on October 15, 2012, 09:59:53 AM
I understand what you're saying Charger454.   I think it's just the look of the times.  Just like when the cars had tail fins.   :yesnod:

EXACTLY! I'm just intrigued with the history of how the manufacturers borrowed original ideas and twisted them into their own. I know the same is seen in music. God knows I've ripped off Pantera countless times when writing a song! LOL

Check this out. Was just reading about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coke_bottle_styling

I'd like to hand a welder and a bunch of metal to a guy on a deserted island that's never seen a car and tell him to make one...just to see what he designs. LOL

PS: Sorry for the big words. Sometimes my kompreehension is better than my spelling.

skip68