News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone know this daytona? seems like a scam

Started by Nwcharger, October 14, 2012, 04:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nwcharger

found this one on craigslist today. left a message but seems like a scam. the plate says 69 jojo i think..
1969 coronet wagon

A383Wing

yea...it's got scam written all over it....here is link for anyone interested

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3338884148.html

ad reads below:

My father bought this UGLY car with a huge wing 25 years ago, has recently passed and my mom does not want it anymore, My son says it's a collector and worth at least $5,000. Don't know much about it but, he couldn't get it to start. Make me an offer and it's yours. You might have to tow it home. I have the title. my # 253-xxx-xxxx Jim. I just had a email stating that this is a very rare car and worth way more than $5,000-10,000. I said something about numbers matching, not sure what he means but my father never changed a thing on but the oil, tires,ect... Oh ya, it is a stick shift. and this is not a scam add, we want it gone.

Bryan

A383Wing

A383Wing

I just called and wanted to go look at car, it's a scam....number is not for the seller...guy that answered says his phone is going like crazy...ya think?

that's not a Washington plate either....

the guy that answered wants it flagged....he's getting bombarded with calls

Bryan  

Aero426

Illinois plates.    I think this is the car 70Sbird knows of.   I thought it was still an original owner car.   It's been discussed on the board here.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Those pictures were taken off of this very site.  Cause the first few pictures are from SBird and only the last one is my picture.

Great!

Ryan

Update:

Taken right from this thread.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91037.0.html

GOTWING

these people are a joke, :flame: who would really fall for this?  :eyes: anyone that would deserves to be ripped off!!  ::) heck i even recognized the pictures from a old post.

70Sbird

Quote from: Aero426 on October 14, 2012, 04:36:14 PM
Illinois plates.    I think this is the car 70Sbird knows of.   I thought it was still an original owner car.   It's been discussed on the board here.

Yup, I took those pictures, the car is still in Illinois with its original owner and not currently for sale!
:brickwall:

Scott Faulkner