News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headed out for a cruise

Started by Bob T, October 14, 2012, 03:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Howdy Folks, I headed out for a cruise in the rural backblocks in the Big Black Dodge since the weather was good
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Did you take a long a fishing pole as well?  Can't resist dropping a line in the water.  Can't resist dropping the hammer as well.  Glad to hear you got out :2thumbs:

Bob T

Then headed back to town and caught up with a mate and his 70 500 and changed the wheels over on mine.
Just to see how it looks for a while, the handling is well different now  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Bob T

Then headed into town again and around the waterfront, by then I'd done 150 miles and needed a topup  :hah: :icon_smile_wink:
Excellent day out  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 03:48:21 AM
Another Bullitt

Yeah, giving it a shot , good for a laugh.
No, with the fishing line but the Hammer did get dropped - quite a few times , saw the magic 100 more than once ;)
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Some great pics there Kelvin. In particular this one.........141020121395_9_1.jpg
Worth framing and hanging up in the mancave. I love it.  :2thumbs:
Nothing beats a cruise when the sun's shining.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

Quote from: Fred on October 14, 2012, 04:11:53 AM
Some great pics there Kelvin. In particular this one.........141020121395_9_1.jpg
Worth framing and hanging up in the mancave. I love it.  :2thumbs:
Nothing beats a cruise when the sun's shining.

Cheers Fred. The mate of mine has owned his car for around 14 years, ( 383 ) it was white with flames when it came in and he has done the silver and black panel and paint and full recon to a very high standard, but it was a few years ago now.
It would be my favourite 70 by a long stretch, he's a top bloke too, hopefully he'll join up here .
I quite like the shot with the sun on the car between the pillars, just one eyed on Bullitt stuff this week  :lol:

It was great to get out and give it a good shoefull though, I do it fairly regular, I'd really struggle with how it is for the North American or the Swedish or Finn guys when the snow comes in for months
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Yes, good pic for sure. You positioned her perfectly.
It's just that the black and silver together is such a great combo. The colours (and cars) compliment each other.
And that's why Australia is such a great place to live mate..........no snow to worry about.

JB400

It just occurred to me, did you get all 8 hubcaps? :nana:

Fred

No, two of them landed in my back yard..........I have them in my mancave as garage art.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

That 70 looks great too, is your mate a member here?

plum500

Nice. Great pics :2thumbs: I would love to be able to do that today.

BIGBLCK11

bull

Awesome car! I've always loved it and wished I owned it... so mine's going to look just like it. :angel: I thought you were trying to sell it a few years back? Or am I thinking of someone else?

TXcharger70

Looks good what size BFG tires you running?

Bob T

Thanks for the comments Guys, I enjoy seeing other peoples cars and resto pics on here too, great place for all things Charger. I also get a kick out of people giving me the thumbs up and their crazy hand war gigs when we are out for a cruise, glad they enjoy it too.

TX70, the combo is 225/60/15 on 15 x 8 4.5'' backspace and 295/50/15 on 15 x 10 w 5'' back space, has airshocks at 80lb in the back for the 80's rake  :lol:

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 04:41:26 AM
It just occurred to me, did you get all 8 hubcaps? :nana:
I'll be taking spares with me from now on  :D

Quote from: Ghoste on October 14, 2012, 08:53:46 AM
That 70 looks great too, is your mate a member here?

Will send him the link, hopefully he will pop in  :cheers:

Quote from: bull on October 14, 2012, 10:04:43 AM
Awesome car! I've always loved it and wished I owned it... so mine's going to look just like it. :angel: I thought you were trying to sell it a few years back? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Pretty sure its the same car you are thinking of Bull, it has a few pics back in the Show 68's thread from when Don owned it, I brought it off him in August 2011, good dude too - very helpful, now it hits the blacktop here in NZ.
Got a good set of Dougs headers and a mild cam in it and a 750 on a torker 440 manifold and it pulls like a freight train. The paint has been on it for 9 years or so I believe and whoever did it deserves to be commended, sharp lines and great panel work. The wiring was a mission though and needed a few other things sorting, took me 6 months to get it on the road and legal, ancient history now that I'm driving it though   :2thumbs:

Your car is looking like one out of the box, great thread, keep up the good work, the end is close and getting closer, the payoff for all your hard work and wheelbarrow loads of $$ is heading out for a cruise like I just did  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

cudacharger

Quote from: Bob T on October 14, 2012, 03:50:27 AM
Then headed into town again and around the waterfront, by then I'd done 150 miles and needed a topup  :hah: :icon_smile_wink:
Excellent day out  :cheers:

:cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Been off the site for sometime and dropping in for a update.  Wow Bob the R/T looks just *adass!  The wheel swap looks so retro cool....Need to pop in the chase scene from Bullit it's been awhile.

You guys really rock on that side of the globe....taking American Car culture to the fullest.  Excellent photos the chargers look great in those settings. 

6pkrtse

1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

tan top

good pictures BT  :yesnod:  thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Bob T

Spent a few hours cleaning and detailing and headed out again, this time with a fast back muzzy :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

At least you didn't recreate Bullitt all the way :rofl:  Glad you had some fun :2thumbs: