News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Similar?

Started by Charger454, October 14, 2012, 09:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Believe it or not I do see alot of the resemblance if you guys dont you must be blind.....

4 wheels-check
windows-check
headlights-check
transmission of some sorts-check
engine of some sorts-check
trunk-check
hood-check
guages inside vehicle-check
steering wheel-check
a body covering all this stuff-check

Yup they are all the same to me........

Back N Black

Mopar has  always been riding the coat tails of Chevy and Ford.  :naughty: :stirthepot:

stripedelete

What you're pointing out is correct, but, it is not a new revelation.  Chrysler generally followed General Motors styling lead from the late 40's on up.
Second generation Charges and the 66 GTO are a great comparison.   However, in that case, Chrysler got it right.    

Charger454

Quote from: stripedelete on October 15, 2012, 10:34:57 AM
What you're pointing out is correct, but, it is not a new revelation.  Chrysler generally followed General Motors styling lead from the late 40's on up.
Second generation Charges and the 66 GTO are a great comparison.   However, in that case, Chrysler got it right.    

You know, I've been a car-guy my entire life and ironically...I never really paid attention, or caught on to it untill a few years ago. LOL I was at an ice cream joint sitting down eating an icecream cone and looked back at my 65 Impala and I seen that 1/4 window and it hit me like a ton of bricks! LOL Ever since then, I've been more and more intrigued with playing "Where's Waldo" by seeing what cars bare what resemblence. I mean, stuff like the front bumper and concealed headlamps of The Judge is yet another styling cue that is embedded into the 71-72 Charger's. I know some guys here are getting all pissed off over me bringing it up, but it is what it is. Dare I say they might be GM fans in denial! LOL  :o
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

TheGhost

Dunno about that.  I feel they are about equal.  The 66 GTO is the best looking car GM has ever made (and ever will, most likely).
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

lukedukem

Quote from: Charger454 on October 15, 2012, 11:03:19 AM

You know, I've been a car-guy my entire life and ironically...I never really paid attention, or caught on to it untill a few years ago. LOL I was at an ice cream joint sitting down eating an icecream cone and looked back at my 65 Impala and I seen that 1/4 window and it hit me like a ton of bricks! LOL Ever since then, I've been more and more intrigued with playing "Where's Waldo" by seeing what cars bare what resemblence. I mean, stuff like the front bumper and concealed headlamps of The Judge is yet another styling cue that is embedded into the 71-72 Charger's. I know some guys here are getting all pissed off over me bringing it up, but it is what it is. Dare I say they might be GM fans in denial! LOL  :o

heck, i never noticed till this thread really. but now i'll be looking too. are you restoring that charger. is so start a restore thread
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

stripedelete

Quote from: Charger454 on October 15, 2012, 11:03:19 AM

Ya, for a car guy it's interesting history.  But, for a Chrysler guy,,,, it's like finding out mother was the village whore, father was a traveling salesman, and you were adopted. :icon_smile_big:

69finder

Quote from: Charger454 on October 15, 2012, 09:31:56 AM
Quote from: 69finder on October 15, 2012, 09:22:08 AM
He's right, they all are the same, and I would like to add another car to make the point.

See, same!  Good observations OP!   :2thumbs:

The only observation here is that either your just being disrespectful or you TOTALLY didn't comprehend what the thread is about.

Also, you may want to thank the OP for having already stated that different countries had completely different designs...as stated in the very FIRST post. Here it is now:

"But it's interesting how the different countries still remained their own character. Simple yes, manufacturers catered to the interests of the local clientel."

Good observation!  :2thumbs:

You are referring to yourself in the third person and congratulation yourself at the same time.  YOU are the OP.   :rofl: 

Be groovy man.

Charger454

Yeah Luke I'm restoring it. I love the 73 Chargers the best. For me personally, if done right, they look like something the Devil himself would drive! Evil! Lol

I understand what the other guy means by a whore for a mom and a traveling daddy, but I'm sorry it all came off negatively. Not my intent. How could I be here to troll and hate on the Chargers when I own one myself? Lol I suppose my approach was wrong
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!