News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirt track bomber advice?

Started by 68coronetGLwannabe, October 13, 2012, 10:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 21, 2012, 01:20:47 PM
Still plenty of time to try new stuff.  The key to winning the enduro race is to pace yourself.  Too many go all out for it and usually don't finish.

Yep. Thats are plan if we do it.  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

68coronetGLwannabe

Hey, Shouldn't this be straight? :rofl:
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Racing went good last night. Made it through the heat race without incident. Raced in the Main event Finished 9th out of 25 even after being pushed into the wall and bending the lower right control arm again.  :RantExplode: We just keep tweeking and adjusting and the car is handling much better each time, plus the driver is getting more  confident every lap. Once again guys thanks for all the advice.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Virgil says Thanks everybody  :wave:
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Hey, were did everyone go?  :rofl: A woman came over and actually wanted him to sign her shirt! One guess where he signed it?  :rofl:
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

Glad to hear your buddy is getting better. :2thumbs: Sounds like he'll be up front in no time. :2thumbs:

HPP

Wow, armco barriers. Holy cow, I haven't seen those in ages.

9th out of 25, movin up. Keep after it.

Mike DC

That middle pic with the "Starsky" striped red car made me think of something - your friend is dirt-track bombing in a muscle-era Mopar, with orange paint, and it's not wearing a big black #01 on the door? 

skip68

Good to hear Wade.  :cheers: :2thumbs:   Are you running race fuel or regular?     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on October 29, 2012, 04:00:04 PM
Good to hear Wade.  :cheers: :2thumbs:   Are you running race fuel or regular?     

Have to run regular gas.
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 29, 2012, 02:38:42 AM
That middle pic with the "Starsky" striped red car made me think of something - your friend is dirt-track bombing in a muscle-era Mopar, with orange paint, and it's not wearing a big black #01 on the door?  

That Starsky car blew up abouy 5 laps in, typical Furd  :hah: Thought about it but some one already had that number. So I went with my favorite Nascar driver Bobby Labonte.  :2thumbs:
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

Got the car ready to go for the year, or are you even running?

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 24, 2013, 07:50:24 PM
Got the car ready to go for the year, or are you even running?

Car is ready to go. Been tinkering with suspension and a little tweaking here and there and its seems pretty good. Ran last Saturday and Sunday. Sat. night the track was so rough we lost a right front tire. Still do now were it went! Raced on Sunday and finished in 8th place, even got to lead a lap. Thanks for asking.
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

That's good to hear :cheers: :2thumbs:  Sounds like your getting the hang of it now. 

68coronetGLwannabe

This is what happens when someone does have bumper straps. Still finished in 9th place.  :brickwall:
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

We got a few gashes in our doors as well. :flame:  Congrats on the finish though.  What's your best finish so far? :popcrn:

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on June 23, 2013, 09:29:52 AM
We got a few gashes in our doors as well. :flame:  Congrats on the finish though.  What's your best finish so far? :popcrn:

Best finish so far is 5th.  So far this season we been able to drive the car up on the trailer and the end of every race. That makes me happy because we dont spend all week fixing broken stuff. This is the worst damage all season. Nothing a torch, welder and a sledge hammer cant fix.   ;D
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

We're still waiting on the machine shop to get ours done, then we'll be back out.  Driver waited till the last minute to rebuild the engine only to find out the head was cracked.  Had to find another. :brickwall:

68coronetGLwannabe

She is going to Mopar heaven to be reunited with her rich Corinthian leather. She is done! Got taken out at the checker flag making a last second pass to get 6th place. Another car turned him right after the checkered flag.  :cheers:  :'( she will be missed
"That's us in 10 years".

68coronetGLwannabe

Picked up this car to race until we get are new 82 Cordoba race car built. Gotta keep racing because he is 5th in points and way ahead of the other rookies and could get rookie of the year.
"That's us in 10 years".

JB400

That's sad to hear.  At least you can borrow some info and parts from the other guys until you get the new Mopar in action.  At least when building your new car, you can borrow specs off the other one, but don't have to deal with previous screwups. :popcrn: :popcrn:

ralley72

Any updates with this years racing. Is the 82 built and racing?

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp