News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disk Brake Soft lines

Started by 68CoronetRT, December 16, 2016, 12:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68CoronetRT

Hello - My car has a disk brake conversion in the front(68 Coronet), and I'm trying to replace the soft lines. Will a kit like this be the solution for the brake lines themselves? I guess I'm wondering if the brake hose ends are the same thread size as the factory on the caliper side.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-69-Mopar-B-Body-Charger-GTX-Front-Disc-8-3-4-Rear-Brake-Rubber-Flex-Hose-3pc-/201072471572?hash=item2ed0da6e14:g:Au4AAOxy4YdTSdsy&vxp=mtr

funknut

It really depends on what parts were used for the conversion, if the calipers are front mounted vs rear, etc.  If you used all factory parts then they should fit.  If not using factory parts, your best bet is to measure the length of the lines and use that as your guide.  I've bought from InlineTube a few times and they have been great to work with, you may just give them a call and ask.

Just looking at the pics, though, I don't think you should have a problem with the end fittings.

71charger_fan

On my '71 Charger, using rear hung slider calipers, I bought rubber lines for a '73 Charger and it all bolted up just fine. Not sure if a '68 runs the hard lines to the same place or not.

crj1968

I had similar issue where my car is a 70 but the brake swap done bak in the day was from a 68 or something. Of course I didn't figure this out until I ordered 1970 brake lines that didn't fit.

I ended up using 73 charger lines which have a banjo fitting so you can angle them any direction needed.