News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Type F Trans Fluid and the 727 ?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, October 10, 2012, 08:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I have read it's ok to use, straight  :scratchchin: Others say a 50/50 mix w/ "Type III" :shruggy: and others say use +4 fluid, but it's throwing away money  :popcrn:

Anyone use Type F with no issues?  :scratchchin:

Interesting, when I had my C6 built the rebuilder filled it up with and said to use Dextron instead of Type F  :shruggy:

Drove it 3 years as a daily with no problems.

firefighter3931

Been using type F for many years and it's allways worked great....and i beat on my stuff pretty hard !  :spank: :smash: :drive:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Apparently the Type F fluid has different friction modifiers which help firm the shifts. We'll see....

areibel

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 10, 2012, 08:43:32 PM
Been using type F for many years and it's allways worked great....and i beat on my stuff pretty hard !  :spank: :smash: :drive:

Ron
In a 727?  That's interesting, I can remember being told in ancient times (the 70's!) that Type F would destroy a 727/904, but you could use Dextron in a ferd with no problems.  I was always afraid to try!

Charger RT

Been using type F in all my 904/727's since the early 80's never had an issue.
Tim

John_Kunkel

Mopar factory literature.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

red69superbee

ive used type F for years, never had a problem

69rtse4spd

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 10, 2012, 08:43:32 PM

Ron

Same here.

Jaysick

Ive only had my Charger for about 2 years and havent tried different fluids in it but Ive had a 72 mach one for about 12 years and always used type F until I had it rebuilt with a custom torque converter.  Once that was done the trans shop that rebuilt it told me to put Dextron in it.  Ive been doing that ever since and its worked great for the past 6 years.

Ghoste

I wonder if it was because they found that was what worked best or if it was just a personal preference?

Jaysick

Quote from: Ghoste on October 14, 2012, 02:23:22 PM
I wonder if it was because they found that was what worked best or if it was just a personal preference?

I wondered that myself...  Their reasoning was that Dextron is newer technology and has more friction modifiers in it than type F.  I did a lot of reading on it and found just as many people claiming type F was better as people claiming Dextron was the way to go.  All I can say is that its been running tight for the past 6 years so i cant complain.

John_Kunkel

Truth be told, fluids commonly used in the TF are Dexron, ATF+, type F, commercial hydraulic fluid, tractor transmission fluid, engine oil, ad nauseum and each will have its advocates.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Brightyellow69rtse

i remember hearing b&m trickshift is basicly type f. anyone else hear that?