News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lee1 / Car #71

Started by Tooz 72, October 10, 2012, 05:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

I think Bubba knew full and well what it was and the story behind it. He just wanted it and he bought it. Ah to be king.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Which is also a good point, there will always be a segment that doesn't care.

JB400

As long as everyone enjoys the car and they're happy with it,  :2thumbs:

Cooter

I wouldn't be too surprized if you see this thing being passed around like a cheap hooker on BJ in the coming years.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on October 14, 2012, 01:29:57 AM
I wouldn't be too surprized if you see this thing being passed around like a cheap hooker on BJ in the coming years.
Time will tell.  Until then........

Ghoste

I agree with you Cooter.  I think that is exactly what will happen with it.

lukedukem

Quote from: Ghoste on October 14, 2012, 01:32:09 AM
I agree with you Cooter.  I think that is exactly what will happen with it.

really. ya'll think he would do that. seams like he's the kinda guy that would keep it. but , yeah your probably right
luke

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

JB400

He'll enjoy it for a while, then sell it, and all the next owners will get it to flip it until someone else wants it bad enough to keep it or it get's stuck in a museum somewhere and forgot about.

Cooter

Remember rich people have the ability to have instant gratification. But, it's a double edged sword. It's only instant ONE TIME. Once it wears off, it's like a drug and one needs more and more of it. Lee 1 is only a tiny little piece of Car Crack Cocaine to the rich at BJ...

lukedukem

Quote from: Cooter on October 14, 2012, 01:47:00 AM
Remember rich people have the ability to have instant gratification. But, it's a double edged sword. It's only instant ONE TIME. Once it wears off, it's like a drug and one needs more and more of it. Lee 1 is only a tiny little piece of Car Crack Cocaine to the rich at BJ...

:lol:  that sounds about right. my 69 seams like an infinite supply of crack. who wants some.
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

JB400

Quote from: lukedukem on October 14, 2012, 01:53:27 AM
Quote from: Cooter on October 14, 2012, 01:47:00 AM

:lol:  that sounds about right. my 69 seams like an infinite supply of crack. who wants some.
Thanks for offering, but I don't need any.  My 69 has enough cracks as it is .

Tooz 72

so has no one got any pictures then ?   :lol:    :rofl:

Dino

Quote from: Tooz 72 on October 14, 2012, 06:56:56 AM
so has no one got any pictures then ?   :lol:    :rofl:

:smilielol:

When the terrible three get arguing, everything else is put on hold.   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

It wasn't an argument, it was a discussion.  At worst it may have been a debate.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on October 14, 2012, 08:50:54 AM
It wasn't an argument, it was a discussion.  At worst it may have been a debate.
I have to agree as well, it was a discussion.  Arguments are something two people take seriously.  I have yet to find anyone take things seriously on here. I don't think I would go so far as to call it a debate.  Obama and Biden wasn't on here making a fool of themselves.

Ghoste

I think many of us are more serious than you maybe  believe but whatever.

WB General Lee

I think during the Barrett Jackson they should have disclosed that all the original parts were sold off and this car was rebuilt from new and used parts from other cars. I think that would have made a difference in the selling price unless Bubba had knowledge of it and just wanted the car. I would never consider a rebodied car. To me it's like cheating.

Ghoste

My understanding is that he knew but that doesn't mean that whoever was bidding agianst knew and of course it just takes two who want it and the price does its thing.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on October 14, 2012, 10:40:25 AM
Sorry if I hit a spot.  I'll just have to put in a little more thouht into my posts.  I'd rather not step on any toes.  But, I am under the impression that is just as much of a form of entertainment as it is informative.  I guess Sesame Street probably needs to be taken seriously as well, than?  I'll let the kids know.

WB General Lee

Very good point the other parties probably were not aware. Lots of Barrett Jackson buyers have money and some drinks and get a little crazy:) If you notice they give certain cars lots of time and others they just push threw. Its all favoritisim. The last auction they had a Green Hornet Movie car that they pushed through for a quick sale but just before that there was a new Mustang Shelby that the spent forever time on. It was owned by one of the employees go figure. they said he is sad to let it go lol. its a Mustang Shelby that you can buy anywhere thst was a joke. I would never use Barrett Jackson.

Ghoste

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 14, 2012, 10:54:54 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on October 14, 2012, 10:40:25 AM
Sorry if I hit a spot.  I'll just have to put in a little more thouht into my posts.  I'd rather not step on any toes.  But, I am under the impression that is just as much of a form of entertainment as it is informative.  I guess Sesame Street probably needs to be taken seriously as well, than?  I'll let the kids know.

Sarcasm aside I don't know that its all the other way either.  I'd preach about balance but I'm hardly a model of practicing that am I?  It was a comment made about myself and not the site in general, which is why I rarely go to the off topic section.  I'm not the admin or a mod or even anybody important so trust me, do what floats your boat.

WB General Lee

I would have liked to see the # 1 Lee kept the way it was maybe try to get it street able so the history would have been preserved. It wasn't pretty but it was cool and I think would get lots more attention when shown.

Ghoste

I had always thought so too.  I never saw the car in person and maybe it was just too far gone tomake that a reality but I just never liked the way it did go down either.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: WB General Lee on October 14, 2012, 11:38:56 AM
I would have liked to see the # 1 Lee kept the way it was maybe try to get it street able so the history would have been preserved. It wasn't pretty but it was cool and I think would get lots more attention when shown.

Amen  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

The car should have been left as it was and a nice pre-jump replica built to display with it.  The final result would have been better and probably much cheaper too.  

But IMHO a resto was inevitable on that hulk.

You can't dangle the possibility of having THE ORIGINAL GENERAL LEE in front of the car hobby and expect nobody to go for it.  From the time that hulk was found I knew sooner or later somebody would replace every inch of it & called it restored.  It was only a matter of time.  

---------------------

Imagine if the wrecked & burned stunt Charger from Bullitt turned up today.  Imagine it being in similar condition to LEE#1, painted another color, picked over & rusted, etc.  Totally unrecognizable and impractical to restore.

If that happens then you'd better see it and take your pictures in the first couple years.  It would be a matter of time before that VIN was sitting on a nice triple-black '68 RT.   Resto, rebody, honest or dishonest, whatever, but one way or another it would happen.   What was left of the original would be gone in favor of a nice shiny recreation of it.