News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lee1 / Car #71

Started by Tooz 72, October 10, 2012, 05:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tooz 72

Ive had a look on the forum for pictures of Lee1 before it was restored but most of the pics have been deleted..

ive seen all the usual ones on Google etc..

so has anyone got any personal pictures of the unrestored Lee1 they would like to share ?

Thanks  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Dino

I have a picture of a firewall here somewhere, it looked like that, in orange.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

TheAutoArchaeologist

I got some pre-digital camera ones when they were displaying it here in Chicago... gotta dig them up.

Just 6T9 CHGR

heres a few...might not be new to you though...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Tooz 72

Yea ive seen all those pics before but thanks for posting !!

it would be great to see your pics Devil !!   :yesnod:

and dont mention TB !!    :nana:

lukedukem

i hate to ask, but could someone tell or show me  a link as to why people don't like travis bell... i don't know his story.
sorry, but i'm curious
thanks
luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mike DC

Long story short: money/dishonesty complaints.

Mr. Lee

JB400

I didn't know that Lee 1 was basically cut up and sold for souveniers.  That sucks.  That's worse than watching the car jumped.  No wonder it didn't bring hardly anything at auction compared to replicas.  Now I know why everyone is  :flame:. I am too. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

cdr

he still comes on here & checks us out

Summary - djtbell1    Picture/Text
Name:    djtbell1
Position:    New Member
Date Registered:    September 27, 2010, 01:23:59 AM
Last Active:    October 10, 2012, 12:32:33 AM
MSN:    
YIM:    
Email:    hidden
Current Status:    Offline Offline   [Add To Buddy List]
Local Time:    October 13, 2012, 04:24:27 PM
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

lukedukem

i understand now. so the car that bubba watson bought is lee1. wonder if he knows or even cares. thanks for the link
again, didn't mean to stir it up. just curious
luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: lukedukem on October 13, 2012, 11:11:14 PM
i understand now. so the car that bubba watson bought is lee1. wonder if he knows or even cares. thanks for the link
again, didn't mean to stir it up. just curious
luke

Bubba knows.  He's been interviewed about it a bunch.  Now whether he knows if it's only a few small pieces of scrap metal that make his car a true GL... I doubt it.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 13, 2012, 03:57:17 PM
I didn't know that Lee 1 was basically cut up and sold for souveniers.  That sucks.  That's worse than watching the car jumped.  No wonder it didn't bring hardly anything at auction compared to replicas.  Now I know why everyone is  :flame:. I am too. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

And THAT, is exactly why I don't call it a restoration when only the numbers and some of the metal they are attached to is saved.

JB400

Probably only by the vin and a few odds and ends.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's built from just spare parts and nothing left from the car that left the factory.

Cooter

Yeah Buddy. Good thing Gary S. Got out when he did. Word is, Bell sold off all but the Firewall, windshield/cowl and dash. Total rebody. Of course, one could argue with all the metal it woulda took to replace to make "Lee 1" into a car again, about all you could save was the roof and aforementioned pieces.

However, pure D profit was made on the "original" panels and cage out of Lee 1. A shame, as Bell has made some interesting YouTube videos revisiting the Blues Bros, DOH, and a few others. Dude coulda been a contenda. He just got greedy like the rest.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

lukedukem

And THAT, is exactly why I don't call it a restoration when only the numbers and some of the metal they are attached to is saved.
[/quote]

this might be a dumb question but, how is that legal. it is a bunch of AMD and the firewall from the original. WTF.
i just got myself all jacked up now. dang it  :brickwall:
luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Cooter

Quote from: lukedukem on October 13, 2012, 11:46:42 PM

this might be a dumb question but, how is that legal. it is a bunch of AMD and the firewall from the original. WTF.
i just got myself all jacked up now. dang it  :brickwall:
luke

It WAS NOT an AMD car. This thing was rebuilt/rebodied LONG before AMD got all that metal out there. Been a while back...Another Car was secured and painted Bronze, then orange just as the show did with the original Lee 1.

Now, about that legal thing.......As far as MY state goes, all you are titling is the original car even if the firewall and dash is all you have left of original car. AMD panels can be welded to it and you can build an entire car around the original Dash/firewall/VIN. It's when you swap all that into another car is where it gets hairy/fuzzy...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

No sense getting worked up about it, it's become very common and there are a lot of people who feel that it is perfectly acceptable to recreate a new car from the id tags.

JB400

It doesn't really matter.  It's a sad story all around.  At least there's one more Charger on the road.   :2thumbs: for that, however its done. :-\

Ghoste

And as long as someone is willing to accept that, the fraudulent cars will continue to be recreated.

JB400

In that case, it sort of beats the purpose of what Dynacorn has done then, don't it.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on October 13, 2012, 11:52:46 PM
And as long as someone is willing to accept that, the fraudulent cars will continue to be recreated.

Not to skew too far off base and into "Hate on T-bell" arena here, but IMO, it's only "Fraud" if selling as higher priced car than you created.

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 13, 2012, 11:54:24 PM
In that case, it sort of beats the purpose of what Dynacorn has done then, don't it.

Don;t know bout other states, but here, you have to register a "Kit car" in the year it was built. So, no "1968 Shelby GT500" you just bought in 2012. It's now a 2012 that happens to look ALOT like a 1968 Shelby Mustang.