News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many General Lee owners here ?

Started by 440, October 10, 2012, 02:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you own a General Lee or Standard Charger?

General Lee
35 (33.7%)
Standard
62 (59.6%)
Undecided
7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

BlueSS454

There is already a deal pending on it.  No cash involved, just working on the details.
Tom Rightler

miamivice

Mr. Lee

kikgas01

About ready to make mine a General...... Seriously thinking about it. I know it is to nice but.....

JB400

UH60L

Quote from: GL#10 on October 16, 2012, 12:30:51 AM
I have owned and still own

one replica

3 tv series and 4 Movie General lee's

#57 #76 #13  #4  #10 #17 # 18 

Who wouldn't want to own a GL  ???

You own EIGHT second gen chargers?!  WOW!  I'm fortunate just to own one.  I'm guessing you were part of the group buy from WB?  I have met the guy from Seattle that has one of those survivors, he brought it to our car show a few years back.  Very cool.

UH60L

I'm in the undecided category.  Here is why. 

I always wanted a General Lee, from the first time I saw it on screen.  (1979 )

Then, as time went buy, I decided I'd jsut be happy to have ANY '68 or '69 charger.  (1985-86)

Then, when I finally got a '69, I had kind of decided on blue with a white stripe.  (2004)

Then, my dad died and I decided to go ahead ans get teh car all rebuilt and make it a General as a tribute to him.  (2008)

Then, after getting the final bill from the body shop for over $24,000.00, I am having a hard time convincing myself to put vinyl decals over that pretty orange paint job.  2009 - present  (still paying off the loan I used to pay the body shop.....)

I already have the decals, but have not purchased the push bar or cb antenna.  (I even look for the crossed flags (and got ripped off by a website claiming to sell them too))

I think eventually, it will be a General, just not right away.

Body work is out of control and nobody wants to do it anymore. As much as General Lee owners cop flack at least it's all bolt on stuff that can be easily removed. I'd have a hard time putting decals on my fresh paint too unless I was definitely certain.

kikgas01

I will probably end up doing it to mine. Like me, hate me, oh well. Most wouldn`t trade for a regular Charger in good shape anyway.... I thought I had a different Charger bought and you know how that goes. Glad I didn`t sell mine to get it. Might as well start with a solid one.....

Cooter

Let the conversion/hate posts begin........... :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

OK, I'll start.
Hey kikgas, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Resist the orange paint!  :rofl:

That's a damn nice, sharp car. But, it's your car. (I'll still like you!)  :icon_smile_wink:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on November 11, 2012, 10:45:25 PM
OK, I'll start.
Hey kikgas, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Resist the orange paint!  :rofl:

That's a damn nice, sharp car. But, it's your car. (I'll still like you!)  :icon_smile_wink:
i agree  selll ED back his car and use another ONE TO MAKE A GENERAL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger01

Do whatever makes you happy Kikgas. Its only paint.   If it wasnt green I woulda traded ya.

Ghoste

kikgas01

It is paint and stickers..... I couldn`t get what I wanted for this one cash wise to replace it, so....... It was light green, green interior and green top.(EVERYONE bashes it because it is green so I might as well go orange anyway) It has been painted once, some of the interior redone once, and is a 383 2 bbl car originally. I want a nice General. All I ever had was crappy ones. Besides I would keep all of the original interior and anything else I took off. That is why Ed bought that car..... is because of the Dukes. I don`t want to jack him and ask what I need for a General, but also don`t want to sell it as a favor for way less than I can get for it. I would still have to still come up with another 5 or 6 grand. I might as well keep this one. Nobody would trade a green/green/green car for a General. I wouldn`t convert it right away anyway. I really don`t care who likes it or bashes me over it. I have thick skin. If ya don`t like it, trade your General for it.... :cheers:

Dino

It's your car buddy so do what you need to do.  Like you and others said, it's just paint and decals.  What would you do to the interior?  I would have to have saddle in there but as a second choice I'd pick black..  I can't stand that light tan.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

kikgas01

Quote from: Dino on November 12, 2012, 07:57:36 AM
It's your car buddy so do what you need to do.  Like you and others said, it's just paint and decals.  What would you do to the interior?  I would have to have saddle in there but as a second choice I'd pick black..  I can't stand that light tan.
I have almost a full complete saddle interior coming already including dash, pads, door panels etc. I like the light tan, but I am a perfectionist.

skip68

Right on!   Your car will be a perfect GL platform.   You know you're gonna want another Roscoe cop car again.    :nana:   
Talk to Wade, he'll get or make you another.    :2thumbs:   
What shade of orange are you going to paint it?  I used 69 Chevy hugger orange and thought it was perfectomundo. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Has anybody ever used Allis Chalmers orange on one?

kikgas01

kikgas01

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 12, 2012, 11:36:27 AM
Has anybody ever used Allis Chalmers orange on one?
A member on the cglfc did a long time ago.

jb666

Quote from: Cooter on November 11, 2012, 10:28:31 PM

Oh don't you worry, Ghoste is here to take care of that  :cheers:

It's a love/hate relationship... But the part that blows my mind are the opinions that float around here..  Never mind the Toyota, Honda and the rest of the ricers ,  the purists can be the biggest douche bags on the planet.. Why it bothers people this much is beyond me.  :image_294343:

Dino

Quote from: jb666 on November 12, 2012, 05:57:47 PM
Quote from: Cooter on November 11, 2012, 10:28:31 PM

Oh don't you worry, Ghoste is here to take care of that  :cheers:

It's a love/hate relationship... But the part that blows my mind are the opinions that float around here..  Never mind the Toyota, Honda and the rest of the ricers ,  the purists can be the biggest douche bags on the planet.. Why it bothers people this much is beyond me.  :image_294343:

I think it's the boredom factor.  I would feel the same if all Chargers were black or green or whatever.  I used to love the GL as well until I saw the Dukes fest pics and thought I would never be able to find my car in there, they are all the same.

Sometimes it's also painful to see a fine example of a survivor and it's being turned into a GL, again.  Is this life threatening?  No.  Does it ruin your day?  Of course not.  It's just paint and decals. You have to remember that this is THE place on the web where people are most vocal about these cars.

And then there's the whole yeehaw thing.  It just doesn't fly with all of us.  All in, it's still all very innocent and I do enjoy seeing a well done GL clone, yours comes to mind first btw.  But you need to realize it is not for everyone, just as plain Chargers are not for everyone.  I can't watch the show anymore, it's just way too dumb, but I sure enjoy seeing the GL round the corner sideways.   :icon_smile_big:

Except for some eye rolling, I don't see all that many haters anymore.

Oh and one more thing, the GL owners are sometimes a lot more vocal than the non GL owners.  Maybe that is a result of...but that's how I see it.

There's plenty room here for fans and non fans. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

What is going on here?  Overloaders of some type?  Anti-sway?

JT01

Those are helper springs the General lees on the show had them so the rear wouldnt drop during chases. I did my car as close to the General Lee as possible so I put them on mine to.