News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many General Lee owners here ?

Started by 440, October 10, 2012, 02:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you own a General Lee or Standard Charger?

General Lee
35 (33.7%)
Standard
62 (59.6%)
Undecided
7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Lee A

1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

sanders7981

Been working on mine off and on between deployments for 3 years this Nov.  I only have about $11,500 in it including cost of the car.  I think I'll be around $17k once I am done.   :coolgleamA:

elanmars

Here's mine...it will be de-Generalized eventually. It came this way and I was able to deal for what I thought was a good price. I liked the show as a kid but I'm more into the Charger itself/Mopars and this will be my chance to do it just the way I want it. Eventually it will be painted black.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

rebby

Quote from: elanmars on October 11, 2012, 08:54:07 PM
Here's mine...it will be de-Generalized eventually. It came this way and I was able to deal for what I thought was a good price. I liked the show as a kid but I'm more into the Charger itself/Mopars and this will be my chance to do it just the way I want it. Eventually it will be painted black.

That's my plan as well. I'll build one of my 69's into a GL for a while then, when I'm ready for a new project, I'll un-GL it.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

DCharger70

I put a vote in for owning a General but I have a "standard" Charger also

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

6pkrtse

I have two standard Chargers currently as you call them. I have always wanted a G.L. "tribute" car. Maybe one of these days. There was one about a mile from mile house for years. He wanted way to much for it & I never had any money to make any kind of counter offer.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

kikgas01

Mr. Lee

Why doesn't everyone post a pic from his General Lee? Would make it a nicer topic  :2thumbs:

areibel

Quote from: Mr. Lee on October 13, 2012, 12:58:22 PM
Why doesn't everyone post a pic from his General Lee? Would make it a nicer topic  :2thumbs:
Uhh, maybe because they all look alike?  :icon_smile_big:

skip68

Here ya go.   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mr. Lee

JT01

Here is mine                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Mr. Lee

Quote from: JT01 on October 13, 2012, 01:40:13 PM
Here is mine                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Great car  :2thumbs:

Original series used helper-springs?

JT01

Quote from: Mr. Lee on October 13, 2012, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: JT01 on October 13, 2012, 01:40:13 PM
Here is mine                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Great car  :2thumbs:

Original series used helper-springs?
Yepper. I wanted  to make mine as close to the original close up General as possible but with more detail to make it a show car winner. of course mine has the orange engine compartment instead of black I just couldnt do that like on the show. It also has a original style General Lee air cleaner

Dino

So what is the helper spring for?  Added rigidity?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

JT01

Quote from: Dino on October 13, 2012, 01:58:19 PM
Pretty much so the ass end wouldnt squat down at high speeds and sliding sideways

Dino

Quote from: JT01 on October 13, 2012, 02:02:02 PM
Quote from: Dino on October 13, 2012, 01:58:19 PM
Pretty much so the ass end wouldnt squat down at high speeds and sliding sideways

Very interesting, I'll have to look into that.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: JT01 on October 13, 2012, 01:51:14 PM
Yepper. I wanted  to make mine as close to the original close up General as possible but with more detail to make it a show car winner.

I have a LEE1 replica that I want to make as accurate as possible aswell. 2 months ago the inside from the trunk and doors have been painted T3 light bronse metallic. The engine compartment will follow.

JT01

Looks great Mr. Lee I used the Georgia style text on mine like Lee1 I like it the best

Quote from: Mr. Lee on October 13, 2012, 12:58:22 PM
Why doesn't everyone post a pic from his General Lee? Would make it a nicer topic  :2thumbs:

Deja Vu  :lol: I'm surprised how many there are here.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Mr. Lee on October 13, 2012, 02:04:37 PM
Quote from: JT01 on October 13, 2012, 01:51:14 PM
Yepper. I wanted  to make mine as close to the original close up General as possible but with more detail to make it a show car winner.

I have a LEE1 replica that I want to make as accurate as possible aswell. 2 months ago the inside from the trunk and doors have been painted T3 light bronse metallic. The engine compartment will follow.

That's how mine is... Light bronze under hood and in the trunk  :2thumbs:

charger01

Has one, but woulda restored it differently in hindsight.

charger01

Ghoste

I don't underatnd the "undecided" segment.  If the question is do you own one or not, wouldn't those be your only two choices? :lol: