News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many General Lee owners here ?

Started by 440, October 10, 2012, 02:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you own a General Lee or Standard Charger?

General Lee
35 (33.7%)
Standard
62 (59.6%)
Undecided
7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

I've searched for this topic but they are all pretty old. So, How many current General Lee owners do we have here?

I wonder how long this thread will stay civil.   :popcrn:

JB400

Put a question mark by my name.  I'm still debating.  I do own a 69 though.  Haven't decided on making a GL or not.  I have all the special pieces.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

JT01

Mine is almost finished after 5 years and $45,000 in it so far.

I've added a poll to get a clearer picture and so those can vote whom wish not to post.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

We have one of each... Orange, and not...........

Ghoste

I don't really subscribe to the idea of a "standard" Charger but I know what you meant.  :D  No GL for me. :2thumbs:

Yeah, how many subcatagories could you break it down to? Other movie cars, stock, resto mod etc. Unfortunately I don't think you can vote twice but quite a few own more than one car.

I'm quite curious to see the ratio of GL's to normal Chargers.

rebby

Quote from: 440 on October 10, 2012, 09:13:30 AM
Yeah, how many subcatagories should you break it down to? Other movie cars, stock, resto mod etc. Unfortunately I don't think you can vote twice but quite a few own more than one car.

I'm quite curious to see the ratio of GL's to normal Chargers.
Yep, this one needs to be multiple choice. I now own more than one 69 and there is a very good chance that one will end up being a GL, at least for a little while.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Indygenerallee

I was going to make my 69 a General Lee until the Daytona bug crawled up my ass!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68charger hp383

Forget dogs chargers are mans best friend

BlueSS454

Tom Rightler

Dino

Quote from: BlueSS454 on October 10, 2012, 03:44:50 PM
I have one...for now.

You have a GL?  For now?  Details my good man!  Details!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Mr. Lee

I have one. Made a LEE1-replica out of it  :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

Hudson Hornet !

I have one.  It has been painted that way since I owned it and it was my first car.  And I did drive it to high school that way and nope I'm not rich just thrifty.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

BlueSS454

Quote from: Dino on October 10, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: BlueSS454 on October 10, 2012, 03:44:50 PM
I have one...for now.

You have a GL?  For now?  Details my good man!  Details!

There is a chance it may be leaving my possession.  I have not made my mind up yet.
Tom Rightler

GL0169

i have been driving mine now for 25 years as a daily driver - i dont know what i would do if i couldnt drive my General Lee  :2thumbs:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: GL0169 on October 10, 2012, 08:29:50 PM
i have been driving mine now for 25 years as a daily driver - i dont know what i would do if i couldnt drive my General Lee  :2thumbs:

I am absolutely amazed at how many 35-50 y/o ladies LOVE, and I mean REALLY LOVE the General Lee  :o Probably been the biggest demographic of lovers of the General  :coolgleamA:

Cooter

Still amazes me how many kids that were born 25 years after the show left the air LOVE the General Lee. It will stand forever as the most iconic musclecar ever created. Thank You WB. You really had no idea what you were creating. And to think how close you came to being cancelled before you had your 15 min.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

rebby

Quote from: Cooter on October 10, 2012, 11:38:46 PM
Still amazes me how mnay kids that were born 25 years after the show left the air LOVE the General Lee. It will stand forever as the most iconic musclecar ever created. Thank You WB. You really had no idea what you were creating. And to think how close you came to being cancelled before you had your 15 min.

Tell me about it. My 8 year-old, 6 year-old, and 2 year-old all LOVE the General Lee. When mom is out of the house for whatever reason they always beg me to pop some popcorn and put on the Duke's! As much as they love mom, they enjoy this enough that they look forward to mom running errands.
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)