News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many General Lee owners here ?

Started by 440, October 10, 2012, 02:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you own a General Lee or Standard Charger?

General Lee
35 (33.7%)
Standard
62 (59.6%)
Undecided
7 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 104

ChargerD100

I voted standard, but i did buy my 69 with the intentions of being a lee tribute, now im leaning towards doing a Y3 Cream 500 tribute or keep it how it was born Y3 but with Hot Rod black hood, really wanna do a 500 but due to lack of funds itll most likely stay how she was ment to be
Current Mopars: 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, 1970 Dodge D100

My old Build Thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,82511.0.html

pippo702

69wannabe

Mine was a 68 Lee when I bought it, I done a kinda quicky paint job on it in 04 and had it orange with a black R/T stripe and it looked nice. I'm really just not a fan of the round tail lights on the 68. The grille on the 68 looks good to me but the 69 taillights just look cleaner. When the DOH movie came out in 05 I got the fever again so I bought new vectors and decals and took the stripe off and changed the tail light panel and later the grille and ran it that way for a few years. It looked fine but after the movie and the popularity started dropping off I was ready to go back to a plain charger. The paint job was looking rough and the quarters were showing where we patched them pretty bad so it was time for some major repair. Got some 69 AMD quarter skins, 69 AMD front fenders, trunk pans, 69 rear valence and corners and a new deck pan. I didn't want to back date it back to a 68 so I just updated it to a 69 as far as the exterior appearance goes. Got all that in and got it all re-painted with new metal and a much more solid car. It's still hemi orange with a black 69 R/T stripe on it with chrome magnums on it. I haven't had it going very long since the re-paint and am still working bugs out of it after it sat for two years but its coming around!!! :yesnod:

StuntMan

Have owned 3. 2 moved on, 1 still in the garage.

marshallfry01

I just bought a super solid 68 R/T that I'm converting into a General. It's white right now. And before anyone gets upset about a 68 R/T being converted to a 69 general, the fender tag, numbers matching drive terrain, and most of the dash is long gone. 75% of the car is AMD. So there's very little original car left.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Bob T

Quote from: StuntMan on August 22, 2020, 02:00:28 PM
Have owned 3. 2 moved on, 1 still in the garage.

Hey, your #3 GL has the Bullitt plate - just noticed  :icon_smile_big: mixing movie icons!
Had the same plate on my old black 68 R/T
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

billssuperbird

Sorry I have no pictures but I have a golf cart painted decals push bar just like the General Lee up my camper and wheels

4cruzin

WOW 34 General Lee's!  I think that is amazing!  I would be curious to know how many of them have the proper color interior?  Most I see have black . . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Mike DC

There are more GL replicas today than 'Dukes' ever wrecked.  It's not even close.   

BlueSS454

So I still have mine although it was wrecked 4 years ago.  Just painted it last weekend and on the way to being what it was with quite a few improvements.  Adding 4 wheel Baer disc brakes, Holley EFI, Dana 60, Dakota Digital, complete updated wire harness from American Autowire.  It's going to be much nicer than it was the first time I restored it.  Wet sanding/buffing it this week then on to assembly.
Tom Rightler