News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Met the previous owner of my car yesterday

Started by rp23g7, October 09, 2012, 12:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp23g7

I had heard that the guy that sold the car to the place i bought it from worked at Boeing and traded his car in because he had a different car he had been more interested in.

I had met the 3rd owner at a show, he had been the one that painted it and put the hood on. I think i am the 5th owner.

I drove it to work the last weekend and i guess he saw it sitting in the lot. I was sitting in the 68 yesterday and he came up to me and asked if i was the owner of the Sublime coronet.

Turns out he had been in a divorce and all he wanted was the car. Before his wife let him have it she trashed it. Let it sit out side with the windows down, let dogs live in it and walk all over it,

He finally got it, cleaned it up and fixed it, and then couldnt afford to keep it. I told him he could come visit it if he wanted, but he said that that probably wouldnt be a good idea cause it would probably make him sad. Poor guy

41husk

Let the poor guy drive it, that should cheer him up :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Fred on October 09, 2012, 04:05:17 PM
Car's worst enemy................DIVORCE!

Prenup.  Prenup.  Prenup.

Seriously, there's no reason not to.   I've got my car and motorcycle both written into mine.   No shame in my game.   If a woman can grasp the statement 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' then they certainly need to understand 'Baby I want a prenup'.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Fred

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on October 09, 2012, 11:06:37 PM

Seriously, there's no reason not to.   I've got my car and motorcycle both written into mine.   No shame in my game.   If a woman can grasp the statement 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' then they certainly need to understand 'Baby I want a prenup'.

Exactly. After all she won't want to part with or share anything that she feels belongs to her. But of course therein lies the problem as she doesn't have to.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 10, 2012, 12:46:36 AM

Exactly. After all she won't want to part with or share anything that she feels belongs to her. But of course therein lies the problem as she doesn't have to.
I'm all up for taking precautions, but if your lucky, you won't have to worry about it.  Just make sure you hook the right one.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 10, 2012, 01:42:19 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 10, 2012, 12:46:36 AM

I'm all up for taking precautions, but if your lucky, you won't have to worry about it.  Just make sure you hook the right one.

Fortunately I can say I did (or rather she hooked me).  39 years coming up in January.  :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mike DC

It pays to cover your ass against something that is more likely to happen than not.  The majority of marriages end in divorce these days.