News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Refusing to let go of summer (cruising the colder climes)

Started by Ghoste, October 10, 2012, 05:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Anyone else do this?  With the cruise season ending around us here in the rust belt, do you find you still want to drive around with the windows open but its a little too cold for that so you turn the heat on full blast rather than close the window and admit the truth?

Cooter

Yep. Cept most of my rides got no heater. So, I ride around in a big ol coat just the same.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

471_Magnum

I don't stop driving until there is salt an the roads. Road Runner heater works great. The choke on the other hand...
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Ghoste

Yes, there are times when a choke would be handy.  There is a manual choke on my car but I have yet to connect it.

71ChallengeHer

Ghoste

71ChallengeHer

I used to cruise year round in CA, not in a Charger though. Windows down and heater on. Good times  :2thumbs:

Back N Black

I don't stop driving until there is salt on the roads. The last couple of years i have been crusing in December and i'm in eastern Canada!

Ghoste

I thought the Atlantic storms put the brakes on you guys a lot sooner than that, good to hear. :2thumbs:

471_Magnum

My choke works, but it's the factory divorced type. No heat cross over, so it is slow to open. I think I've got it tweaked in pretty good now. Driven it a few times with temps in the high 30s and it has done okay. That's coming out of a warm garage though.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Dino

Since the Charger sleeps in the garage it's still fine without a heater but not for long I think so I need to hook it back up.  If it's over 60 I'll still have my window rolled down and the elbow out, but I sometimes flip the vent window open to deflect the cold air hitting my elbow.  Love the went window, almost wished I still smoked!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Cooter on October 10, 2012, 06:02:51 AM
Yep. Cept most of my rides got no heater. So, I ride around in a big ol coat just the same.

:lol:  I'm in the same boat with ya Cooter.   :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Cooter

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 10, 2012, 09:57:23 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on October 10, 2012, 09:37:06 AM
I'm sure you'll make up for it soon enough.  ;)
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

You better. We's gotta see some pretty big smiles coming from that Chally in the near future....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1BAD68

I'll drive mine until it snows. It has a manual choke and the heat works great, also seems to run better in cold weather too.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 471_Magnum on October 10, 2012, 11:17:20 AM
My choke works, but it's the factory divorced type. No heat cross over, so it is slow to open. I think I've got it tweaked in pretty good now. Driven it a few times with temps in the high 30s and it has done okay. That's coming out of a warm garage though.

That's exactly what I'm going to do.  My garage generally stays around 40 degrees but I'm not driving on those days because of salt "dust". Its gets everywhere!

Brass

I'm going to try to drive the Charger as much as possible - as long as its dry.  The hourly weather report is aways a toggle away.  Still, this being the NW, there's a solid chance of getting stuck in a shower at some point.  At least the garage is warm.

Just 6T9 CHGR

This year I had the Charger out the latest yet.....Jan 1 2012..
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brightyellow69rtse

ill drive till they salt the roads. then she sleeps till its rained quite a bit after winter and washed the salt away.

7chargers

I have a job that has had me away alot this summer.. so for me I'm still in denial that the summer is over and the snow is going to fly soon. I had to take the coronet out tonight to pick up my daughter because I know these days are coming to a end soon. Hope to get the charger out a couple more times before that happens...