News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hurricane Sandy

Started by BananaDan, October 28, 2012, 10:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I don't think it's political, just informative.  The response is O negative, if you disagree or agree with the response, keep it to yourself :Twocents: :2thumbs: Which is worse though, going political or cursing? :icon_smile_big:

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JB400

and to the parents of the 12 year old christian kid researching his favorite car?  Maybe I ought to post more bikinis  :nana:

resq302

Day 9 still no power, internet, cable, and phones.   At least power was restored back to my police dept headquarters on Sunday where I have almost all the comforts of home...... well, except the charger and my family.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

....and now theres SNOW on the ground... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BananaDan

Day 10, no news from anyone that can be trusted.  JCP&L is now saying 95% of our town will be restored by Saturday but the other 5% may not have power until Thanksgiving!!!  Considering they change their estimates every day, I don't know what the hell to believe.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Fred

Hope it all comes together for you soon.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

FLG

Hey guys,

Im good here  :cheers:

If anyone needs help please feel free to contact me!

resq302

Frank,

Aside from hi jacking a gas tanker, or having a contact at Orange and Rockland Electric, we are ok.  Thanks for the offer though. 

Day 11 without power -

The family dog is starting to look yummy!  Just kidding.  I never thought I would be saying how much I miss the vast amount of channels on TV that usually nothing ever good is on.  We are starting to run out of "new" dvd's to watch and I honestly think that damn Elmo DVD that my 22 mos old watches is haunting me when I sleep cause its on so much.  I even think that my 5 yr old has had enough of Elmo!  Luckily my 5 yr old started back to school on Tues with a modified school day from 12-4 since her school is still without power, they are combining two schools temporarily.

Like Dan said, we can't get a straight answer out of the power company if their life depended on it.  Its this day one day and then changed two minutes later. The majority of the street I live on has power while the end of the road closest to one of the main cut thru's doesn't.  Roads in town that were open are now closed and then back open back to being closed again.  Im almost wondering if there is some sick bastard around the corner who keeps moving the cones.    :RantExplode:    Come to find out too that the single lane bridge (small bridge mind you, something Bo and Luke Duke would just run through the water) is scheduled to be out starting Nov. 26th which will add about another 10 min drive for me to and from work each way. Oh, how I wish spring was just around the corner....... :rotz:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Got about 3-4 inches of snow due to the Nor'easter that just came thru, not too bad considering. Haven't been outside yet to assess any damage.
Power blipped on & off all day yesterday during the storm, & several other surrounding towns were/are without power now.

Kids have been out of school still, this is going on two weeks. One would think restoring power at schools would be given a priority, but it seems they are last on the list. My wife is a schoolteacher so luckily she is home due to her school being out also, but I think about the other working parents that are arranging daytime child care or missing work to stay at home because the schools are closed. That is also tough.

Brian, we found other ways with the kids to pass the time. Building Lego's, jigsaw puzzles, board games, coloring, even just reading a book. Went outside, raked leaves, cleaned up the yard, even roasted marshmallows around the fire pit. This helped pass the time & eased boredom. I don't watch a lot TV either, so I can't say I missed it all that much.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bobs66440

Quote from: resq302 on November 08, 2012, 07:51:26 AM
Frank,

Aside from hi jacking a gas tanker, or having a contact at Orange and Rockland Electric, we are ok.  Thanks for the offer though. 

Day 11 without power -

The family dog is starting to look yummy!  Just kidding.  I never thought I would be saying how much I miss the vast amount of channels on TV that usually nothing ever good is on.  We are starting to run out of "new" dvd's to watch and I honestly think that damn Elmo DVD that my 22 mos old watches is haunting me when I sleep cause its on so much.  I even think that my 5 yr old has had enough of Elmo!  Luckily my 5 yr old started back to school on Tues with a modified school day from 12-4 since her school is still without power, they are combining two schools temporarily.

Like Dan said, we can't get a straight answer out of the power company if their life depended on it.  Its this day one day and then changed two minutes later. The majority of the street I live on has power while the end of the road closest to one of the main cut thru's doesn't.  Roads in town that were open are now closed and then back open back to being closed again.  Im almost wondering if there is some sick bastard around the corner who keeps moving the cones.    :RantExplode:    Come to find out too that the single lane bridge (small bridge mind you, something Bo and Luke Duke would just run through the water) is scheduled to be out starting Nov. 26th which will add about another 10 min drive for me to and from work each way. Oh, how I wish spring was just around the corner....... :rotz:
Unbelievable. Sorry for you guys. Hope it comes back soon.

resq302

Bill,

All of those things we can do with our 5 yr old.  Problem is the 22 mos old who would eat puzzle pieces, choke on the lego's, although we could read to her and have her color.  Raking leaves are not in the picture now until the 6-8" of snow melts.  Did I mention it sucks living up on a mountain?  We are about 10 degrees colder than the main levels but on the upside, should a typhoon or psunami hit, our house will be ok!   :lol:
Brian

bill440rt

Well, they do make oversize puzzles & Legos for younger children (don't ask how I know).  ;)
Merely suggestions, there are many other ways to keep them occupied.

Best of luck. I would think with Sandy, the Nor'easter, and Ob***, it's hopefully over for a while. (They say bad things come in three's...).
Stay warm.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

The dominoes are falling

resq302

Brian

Fred

Quote from: resq302 on November 08, 2012, 09:18:21 AM
Bill,

All of those things we can do with our 5 yr old.  Problem is the 22 mos old who would eat puzzle pieces, choke on the lego's, although we could read to her and have her color.  Raking leaves are not in the picture now until the 6-8" of snow melts.  Did I mention it sucks living up on a mountain?  We are about 10 degrees colder than the main levels but on the upside, should a typhoon or psunami hit, our house will be ok!   :lol:

I'm up in the hills too, about 5 to 6 degrees cooler than down below which is great in summer and not a bother in winter and the upside is definitely no tsunami issues or problems with rising sea levels.  I'm staying put.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.