News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger concept HPP

Started by JB400, October 17, 2012, 12:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Here is a concept drawing of a Charger by Heide Performance Products. http://hppcars.com/ They build the Firebird versions of the Camaro as well as the Superbird version of the Challenger.  .  They're looking at building this one if they get enough interest and money.  I asked if they were planning on a Daytona version, but they aren't.  They will have a Daytona version of the Challenger at SEMA though.

hatersaurusrex

Sure it's been beaten to death, but they'd get more interest if it were a two door.

I often wonder how hard it would be for someone to meet in the middle and build a clamshell door model, kind of like that Saturn that had the 3rd door.   That way you don't need a major retooling other than some new door parts, and you get the purists their 'two door' Charger.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

plum500

Of all things, it was always about far more than just the number of doors for me.

I really like that. I basically think the new Charger design is a good looking car since the 2011 revamp, but the front end still....meh... the hood is good, I just don't like the crosshair grille Dodge still has on there.

This design really fixes that, and I think the '69 style suits it very well.

plum500

Reminds me a bit of a drawing I was fiddling with a while back, from the Camaro, I called it a GNX. :)

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

This a concept of the Daytona  based off of the Challenger by Heide Performance Products.  http://hppcars.com/  They take a production vehicle as a starting point and go from there.  

Fred

That looks pretty cool. I like it in the gold.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

ORGASM  :o

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 17, 2012, 01:13:45 AM
They've also done this car as well.  They take a production vehicle as a starting point and go from there.  It'd take quite a bit of work to get rid of the 4 doors.

Ghoste

I don't care for it much at all really.

Cooter

Better, but still not quite there for Me.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Charger4404spd

Yep, better, but still has 4 doors.

Ghoste

It's really just the current version with some stick on decorations to me, they fixed the grille but thats about it.

chargd72

The Daytona looks too happy.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Ghoste

We've beat up on the Challona on here pretty good already.  Some like it but most don't seem to.  Not my thing either but its all a matter of personal likes and dislikes.

JB400

Quote from: chargd72 on October 17, 2012, 08:39:16 AM
The Daytona looks too happy.
At the speeds that it probably runs, I would be too!

Lennard

Indygenerallee

That Daytona/Challenger is attrocious  :eek2:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

plum500