News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Post #1000

Started by JB400, October 06, 2012, 07:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on December 27, 2012, 04:41:12 PM
I think you should spend less time with the keyboard and more time with the cutoff wheel and grinder!....I'm just sayin! :shruggy:
Not everything is as it appears.  I don't tackle anything until I fully understand what I'm up against and have a plan.  Otherwise, it becomes a foolish project that gets dragged out forever and then either given up on or gets disgusted with and sold.  Just because I have a little bit of fun on here posting doesn't mean I'm not doing research as well.  I think if a few of you would pay more attention to your projects as you do my activities on here, you'd be out having more fun than making fun of me.

69charger2002

good luck on your project. looks like it needs some frame work for sure. Just more labor intensive, but definitely can be done. On a side note, 1000th post on Oct 6, it's Dec. 27th, so you've had 3200+ posts in 2 months??? GEEZ MAN you must be on here 24/7!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

tan top

:coolgleamA:    got some work there by the looks of it  !  always looks worse than it is ,  once its striped to a empty body shell & all the rot cut out , & cleaned up , next bit is easy compared to cutting all the rot out & cleaning up ( hate that bit  :lol:)  , its just time consuming to do a factory appearing job ,
keep the pictures coming S4W  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Good update Stroker.  Do you have a projected date for completion or is this going to be done when its done?

JB400

No projected date as of yet.  Let's start the metal work and see how fast it goes.  I'm still buying toys so I can get started on it.

JB400

Just a bump. Nothing new to add, except for accumulating a few parts over the past year.  But, I've noticed some interest into what I have, mentioned a few times, both in pm and on the message board.    Don't expect much progress on this until March and April. :popcrn:

1974dodgecharger

If road kill could get their up and running in 9 months im sure you can too and they scavaged parts left and right just to get a running charger.

Nothing will be perfect stroker, NOTHING.  I say get it running then upgrade what you need to do instead of trying to get everthing in one shot and then putting it together if that was the case you got many long years ahead of you.

JB400

Buying a few random parts here and there is to just keep interest in the car directly, while I tackle bigger and better things that benefit me as a person in the long run, and the Charger.

If you want a "running car," I can have that in a much shorter time period than what they did.

1974dodgecharger

well they had to scavage parts they actually didnt have all the pieces to get it running. They had to buy the head lights, get tranny, engine, etc...

Unless you have some money lying around and just dont want to spend I could understand.

My car was on jackstands for 7 months while I saved up to upgrade, do little things, here and there....all in the 110 plus heat in a little garage.

toocheaptosmoke

:2thumbs: for ol yeller.   Original picture looks like something from cars in barns, glad to see it on the road to resurrection.  :cheers:

JB400

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 19, 2014, 03:33:03 AM
If road kill could get their up and running in 9 months im sure you can too and they scavaged parts left and right just to get a running charger.

Nothing will be perfect stroker, NOTHING.  I say get it running then upgrade what you need to do instead of trying to get everthing in one shot and then putting it together if that was the case you got many long years ahead of you.

Tell me, what is your reasoning behind "Just get it running?"

JB

1974dodgecharger

Tell me your reasoning to not getting it running?  :smilielol:

JB400

I asked you first. :popcrn:

JB

1974dodgecharger

Ill let u deal with your car, how's that  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Yeah, do it how you want Stroker.  There are tons of people who restore the car first before driving it so no need to just make it run and then cobble it back slowly over time.  I think your balls are getting busted because you have whatever it is, thousands of posts in the word games and only a single obscure photo of your car.
There are no rules for either dude, when the car is ready its ready.  Period.  (and you aren't even obligated to post pics of it then  :cheers: )

JB400

Hasn't changed much, for those that inquire.  But, I will say special thanks for those that I've been lucky enough to buy parts from. :cheers:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

JB400

Bumping because I was asked.  Took quite a while to go through 1k in posts, considering I got detoured in old threads. 

Fred

Should have got a laugh or two.  :icon_smile_big:
Weren't we a silly bunch back then!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

I forgot how feisty that gray thingy was. :lol:  It was a mean one.  Quite a few good threads just to go back and reenjoy.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."