News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need a vaca, Mexican style.

Started by Patronus, October 02, 2012, 08:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

We've been to Cancùn and Playa Del Carmen twice, and it was hands down some of the best vacations of our lives.. It's been 5 or 6 years since we were there last, so I wouldn't know about safety today, but we didn't have any issues at all..  :2thumbs:

Dans 68

Just stay at the larger resort areas, and you should be fine. I have been going for decades down to Mexico, with not too many problems. I do have lots of stories, though.  :D

My brother went down to Los Cabos a while ago and had a great time. Lots of security and checkpoints around. Hmmm, I wonder if that had anything to do with the G20 meetings....   ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 03, 2012, 12:02:25 PM
had a couple friends just go to mexico for a vaca, and they go to one of those all inclusive places. all the activities and hotel, pools, restaurants, everything in one location. guess its like vacationing in a compound. but they felt safe.

I don't see the point in that. Might as well vacation in your own backyard.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Fred on October 03, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
had a couple friends just go to mexico for a vaca, and they go to one of those all inclusive places. all the activities and hotel, pools, restaurants, everything in one location. guess its like vacationing in a compound. but they felt safe.

Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea, everything's on hand. Plenty of food and drink in the fridge, comfortable bed, and it's free. 

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 03, 2012, 04:47:59 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 03, 2012, 04:41:38 PM

Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea, everything's on hand. Plenty of food and drink in the fridge, comfortable bed, and it's free. 
extra benefit, no travel time, no jet lag

skip68

Well then that settles it Fred.....  Stroker & I are going to vacation in your back yard.....   If you know what I mean.....   :smilielol: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :spank: :moon: :boogie: :-* :scared:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

You were supposed to be on that plane 7 days ago.
The beer's getting warm.

nvrbdn

everyone to freds for a free vacation. :boogie: :boogie: there will be music  :rock: :smash: :violin: swimming pool  :flush: cooking classes :stirthepot: bonfires :fireangry: brew :cheers:  trail riding  :mcride: and group time :grouphug: call for reservations  :callme:  its all free :o :rofl:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

I'm waiting by the phone.  

And if you all bring your mopars...............we'll have a race to the finish.  :drive:

JB400

Heck with the reservations, just show up!  The more the  merrier. :2thumbs:  Just don't give the monkeys beer.

Fred

No monkies allowed   :rotz: ....................they'll have to stay in the boat.
All apes welcome.   :cheers:   :smilielol:

Patronus

Some good advise, thanks for posting all.  :coolgleamA:  Mike, I will track you down later..
I think Syria has some beautiful scenery this time of year, and perhaps an airline you can smoke in the back still?  ;)
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

68X426

Patronus, send a PM to Charger Steve. ChgrSteve67

He just got back from a long one in Mexico. He'll share first hand info.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow