News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

companies sticking it to you

Started by mauve66, October 04, 2012, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

i know most are aware of this but thought we could have one place where we can list the items we've seen so that others don'r get taken also

GATORADE - 32 oz bottles are now just 28 oz bottles, still the same display, still the same diameter at the bottom, still the same height, but now the middle is indented, presumably to give you a better grip on the bottle, but now that it's 4 oz less and they are still charging the same price.  from now on i'm drinking POWERADE, still 32 oz and still the same price
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

The mrs. gets peeved when she needs certain canned goods for recipes and the ammount has changed (to less) from when the recipes were originally written. It means she has to buy 2 cans (for that 1/3 of a can extra that's now missing) and then doesn't know what to do with the leftovers as it's not enough for anything else.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

sunfire69

look at your coffee ..was 32 oz.....now 28 oz...same price....

skip68

Haven't you guys heard?   Less is more in the business marketing world.   Total BS.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mrsskip68

Quote from: Fred on October 04, 2012, 10:38:08 PM
The mrs. gets peeved when she needs certain canned goods for recipes and the ammount has changed (to less) from when the recipes were originally written. It means she has to buy 2 cans (for that 1/3 of a can extra that's now missing) and then doesn't know what to do with the leftovers as it's not enough for anything else.

I totally relate!!! Pisses me off too! I do ALOT of baking and you have to be percice to the recipe. Having 3/4 can of sweetened condenced milk for example left over ticks me off. I try to figure out a use, but doesnt always work.
Lisa

nvrbdn

my mom was also complaining that the actual recipies have changed in a product she has used for years. and i mean years cuz she is 81. one of the biggies was chili beans.  she said they have changed their spices do to the public and dieting. thats what the corporation told her. it changed the taste of her chili and she was upset. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 05, 2012, 12:25:05 PM
my mom was also complaining that the actual recipies have changed in a product she has used for years. and i mean years cuz she is 81. one of the biggies was chili beans.  she said they have changed their spices do to the public and dieting. thats what the corporation told her. it changed the taste of her chili and she was upset. :yesnod:

Well I don't blame her.  :icon_smile_big:

Fred

Quote from: mrsskip68 on October 05, 2012, 11:49:10 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 04, 2012, 10:38:08 PM

I totally relate!!! Pisses me off too! I do ALOT of baking and you have to be percice to the recipe. Having 3/4 can of sweetened condenced milk for example left over ticks me off. I try to figure out a use, but doesnt always work.
Lisa

I have a big issue with eggs too Lisa. It used to be the individual egg size but now it's the carton volumn (total weight) and the eggs are all sizes which doesn't help when , as you say, with some recipes you need to be precise.  :pullinghair:
Mrs. Fred

Old Moparz

Giving you less is not new. I remember as a kid in the 70's feeling like I was getting the shaft when YooHoo went to 11 ounce bottles.  ::)

F**k YooHoo, haven't drank it since.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 05, 2012, 07:29:01 PM

F**k YooHoo, haven't drank it since.

HAHAHAHHH probably the first time that epithet has been used in a sentence!!!
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

RECHRGD

Packages of hot dogs normally have eight dogs.  Try to find a package of buns with eight in it. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
13.53 @ 105.32

mauve66

the stuff we are used to cause it's "always" been that way (even though it doesn't make sense) i can deal with, its the sneaky new cuts trying to make things look the same and screwing us in the process that are starting to annoy me............................ just a little
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Bobs69

I don't remember the prices but Tim Hortons in Canada has good cookies.  You used to be able to get 6 of them and a coffee for under $4.  Then the started calling the "gourmet" cookies making them a little bigger and jacking the price way up!  Thanks guys, I think that helped me when I was trying to develop healthier eating habbits!

I just seen this thread, felt it deserves a spot here.  Thanks to the guy that researched this.  Could be part of my problems too???

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95605.0.html

1970Moparmann

The biggest company that is F'ing my up is called the GOVERNMENT.  Bastards take close to 50% of my W2 and I can't do a damn thing about it.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Old Moparz

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 06, 2012, 01:05:50 PM
The biggest company that is F'ing my up is called the GOVERNMENT.  Bastards take close to 50% of my W2 and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Just change the number of dependents to 38.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Bobs69

I live in Ontario Canada.  the stickers for our license plates cost 74 dollars I'm was told yesterday that the prices are going up to 84.  north of Sudbury Ontario the same province the price for a sticker is 37 dollars.
just another example of the government putting it to us.

chargerboy69

Its called inflation guys, been getting bad the last couple years, and grocery prices have been rising and are expected to get worse.  Food suppliers have cut quantity instead of raising prices.  But now, most are raising prices while leaving the slashed quantity.  Many factors play into this such as purposely deflating our dollar, gas prices, cost of corn, ect. . . I have seen some charts say food prices are up 25% over the last four years.

Luckily my wife can coupon with the best of them, we have a garden, we use Sams club and learned to store food from the LDS websites.

Of course when the government releases the "real" inflation numbers, food and fuel are not included.  :-\
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Fred

Yes that's right but what peeves me is the shifty way they go about it. Same can, bag or bottle size just less product inside so that you don't notice it till years later when you just (and this is quite by accident mind you) happen to glance at the content ammount and wonder ...........how long has this been going on.

JB400

That's why the conscious shopper is supposed to always check the quantity as well as the price.  Actually,  if you buy the package that costs more, it has more in it.  But, it is actually the better bargain than if you bought the lesser amount at the lesser price.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2012, 04:07:50 PM
Yes that's right but what peeves me is the shifty way they go about it. Same can, bag or bottle size just less product inside so that you don't notice it till years later when you just (and this is quite by accident mind you) happen to glance at the content ammount and wonder ...........how long has this been going on.

My wife said she first started noticing it three years ago.  Cereal, Orange Juice, Peanut Butter and Potato Chips were among the first to cut the amount of product while keeping the same price.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Fred

It takes so long to do the supermarket shopping now due to the fact you have to study everything before you can safely place it in your trolly. It's not just size and price but also where the products come from. More often than not they're made in China. I don't think I want atlantic red salmon from China thankyou very much!

JB400

Haven't you heard, the U. S. was sold to China.

mauve66

well, not sold, they hold the note on the house but we're falling farther and farther behind on the loan, maybe they will let us re-organize under chapter 7 like other businesss do??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Old Moparz

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
It takes so long to do the supermarket shopping now due to the fact you have to study everything before you can safely place it in your trolly. It's not just size and price but also where the products come from. More often than not they're made in China. I don't think I want atlantic red salmon from China thankyou very much!

You're worried about salmon from China?

Then you should feel safe about genetically engineered salmon that grows twice as fast, have been sterilized so they can't reproduce, have no regulation, are not tested by the FDA & has not been studied to see what the long term effect will be. The FDA simply takes the word of the company trying to produce it that is safe.

http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/food/genetically-engineered-foods/stop-frankenfish/

I can guarantee that wal-mart will have it since they already planning to sell genetically engineered corn that is not labeled as GE since they do not have to tell you about.

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-is-going-to-sell-monsantos-genetically-modified-corn-and-it-wont-be-labeled-2012-8
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Fred

I worry about everything I consume. That's why it takes longer and longer each time you go shopping. And the worst of it is.............the product you bought last week (after reading it was safe to consume) can be completely different next time you seek it out so you have to keep reading all the small print every time you go to buy anything.

I've already worn out 5 pairs of specs just reading.  :lol: