News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best aluminum wheel cleaner??

Started by Dodgerdallas, October 04, 2012, 06:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgerdallas

Got my wheels off for brake job and they is some kinda dirty!!! What is the best and easiest thing I can buy at the local parts store to solve this problem,Ive reading Oreillys has Purple Power or something to that effect-anybody have any advice?
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

Chryco Psycho

soap & water , polish them with autosol

Dodgerdallas

Not familiar w autosol-where do I get it??
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

cougs

Autosol is at most auto parts stores or online. It's the best IMO.   I used it to polish my slot mags with a 3,000 rpm buffer and foam pad.  Us soap and water if you don't watch to etch the finish with acid.  If you are going to do a polish job, use alumabrite available at napa (acidic).  Dont polish or use acid on rims if they are clear coated.
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!

Ghoste

I'm an Autosol user too.  There are also a lot of people who like that Mothers powerball stuff but I haven't tried it myself.

cougs

Autosol "cuts" better than mothers so IMO it's better for rough wheels.  Autosol and a 3k rpm buffer runs circles around the powerball. IMO
1968 Charger 383/727  Restored to Stock!