News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear reflector housings and stripe question

Started by Lord Warlock, October 02, 2012, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

When the stripe is installed, does it go over the side reflector housing, and then the edges cut around the edge of the reflector housing? or are they supposed to be removed, painted, and installed over the top of the stripe? When i took the stripe off they looked like they were coated with the stripe material, as it was a perfect match to the vinyl rather than painted black.  

I suppose i can install it without them in place, then use excess from the bottom to cover the housing, if there is enough. 

lotsa questions now that i'm putting it back together again.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Back N Black

Just 6T9 CHGR

Marker housings are painted to match stripe color.....

stripe is applied over marker hole in quarter, "X" cut into vinyl & excess material is folded into the quarter...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lord Warlock

thanks,  thats what i thought, as trimming around the housing would be a bit difficult to get a clean cut without body color showing through.  Pulled both out this afternoon just because i thought it was gonna go that way. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste