News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

companies sticking it to you

Started by mauve66, October 04, 2012, 07:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

This has been going on for a while as far as I know. The companies try to save money be decreasing portion sizes - which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you look around (or is that "if you look round?"). It's easiest to spot on packaged items - especially on something you've been buying for a while. Potato chips are a good example. Check out the french fry containers at most fast food restaurants. Most have a big cut out on front so you can only fill them half way. Remember "bag fries" (the pile of fries left in the bottom of the bag from not being able to fit)? You don't see them these days.

FYI - studies found that people were more accepting of smaller portions than higher prices so that's how this came about. People are stupid.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on October 09, 2012, 08:19:14 AM
This has been going on for a while as far as I know. The companies try to save money be decreasing portion sizes - which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you look around (or is that "if you look round?"). It's easiest to spot on packaged items - especially on something you've been buying for a while. Potato chips are a good example. Check out the french fry containers at most fast food restaurants. Most have a big cut out on front so you can only fill them half way. Remember "bag fries" (the pile of fries left in the bottom of the bag from not being able to fit)? You don't see them these days.

FYI - studies found that people were more accepting of smaller portions than higher prices so that's how this came about. People are stupid.

Troy

lol          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RNb3tt0LM
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
It takes so long to do the supermarket shopping now due to the fact you have to study everything before you can safely place it in your trolly. It's not just size and price but also where the products come from. More often than not they're made in China. I don't think I want atlantic red salmon from China thankyou very much!

Fred, what's up with Australian trolleys? 4 castors per cart, talk about a disaster.

I remember buying 2 loaves of orowheat white bread for years at $5, then one day they just became $5 per loaf. No wonder people can hardly afford to eat.

Fred

Quote from: 440 on October 09, 2012, 08:42:52 AM
Quote from: Fred on October 07, 2012, 08:17:05 PM
It takes so long to do the supermarket shopping now due to the fact you have to study everything before you can safely place it in your trolly. It's not just size and price but also where the products come from. More often than not they're made in China. I don't think I want atlantic red salmon from China thankyou very much!

Fred, what's up with Australian trolleys? 4 castors per cart, talk about a disaster.

I remember buying 2 loaves of orowheat white bread for years at $5, then one day they just became $5 per loaf. No wonder people can hardly afford to eat.

Tell me about it! Aren't they just the biggest pain in the arse. The more you laod them up the worse they get. What were they thinking!  But we Aussies love a challenge.  :lol:

As for your bread...............have you heard of Aldi, beautiful country style breads for under $3.00.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.