News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is it called, can it be fixed, is it repro'd?

Started by 69fourspd, October 01, 2012, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69fourspd

Not sure what it is called, but it is a stainless channel that sits under the roof drip rail.  This is the piece the rubber weatherstrip sits in. In the second pic you can see a notch taken out of it.  Can this be tig welded with stainless and sanded/polished satin or do I need a new piece? I take to do it since the rest is in good shape.  Also, is this reproduced or does anyone have one in good shape they would be willing to sell?

Thanks - Matt

Kangerman

I'm pretty sure this is aluminum on my 70. If it's chrome, I don't thing TIGing it will work. I would think the chrome would flake off in the heat of the arc. Even if you are able to blend it in with some sort of stainless filler wire without discoloration (which I doubt) you're likely to run into corrosion issues down the road.

69fourspd

Any ideas what the piece is called for reference?

A383Wing

It's not aluminum...it is metal and it does rust.....

and I ferget the actual name,

Bryan  (damn)

twodko

Stainless steel and it's called window weatherstripping channel.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

Right.
Roof rail weatherstrip channel. It's basically galvanized steel, with a stainless molding on it. The stainless is not removable without damaging it. Must find a replacement piece.
Check eBay, swaps, or here on DC.com. A member here MUST have some of those. I had quite a few at one time as well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69fourspd

Thanks for the info guys  :2thumbs:
I will put up an ad in the parts wanted...