News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which aluminum polish do you prefer?

Started by 440, October 01, 2012, 08:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What does everyone use?

Mothers is my favorite - I've had the best results with it so far. I've heard the Eagle One is pretty good but never tried it.

Ghoste

I've used autosol and although not bad, I think it's more aggressive and often leaves fine scratches (hazing). That's also with using a microfiber cloth as a cotton towel can sometimes leave light scratches as well.  I like the protective wax residue from the Mothers which isn't in the Autosol.

Ghoste

Probably anytime I've polished aluminum it was oxidized enough that I needed a more aggressive polish.

Back N Black

Fred

Mate, I've tried everything and I finally hit the jackpot with a product called Alu Brite by Envirochem based here in Melbourne. This is the absolute best. It's not at all abraisive as it's rubber based and it works a treat.

http://www.envirochemonline.com.au/html/alu_brite.html

03 9796 3300

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

That sounds like something only available down under.  What is this, some sort of trick to get us buying and shipping something we don't have readily here?  Twisted revenge?

Fred

:lol: Nothing so twisted Ghoste..........correct me if I'm wrong but I believe 440 lives down under.

You did make it back alright didn't you mate?

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Yes Fred you are correct, they let me back in this time. Never heard of alu brite, sounds quite interesting though. Are you an alu brite sales rep or work for envirochem?  :lol:

I think I put this thread in the wrong area as alloy polish could be used in about every section of mopar garage.

Fred

Nothing of the sort 440 although I believe they are looking for distributors.
I think it was originally for commercial use only. The chroming company I used for my bumpers use the product and when I asked them about it they gave me a sample and envirochem's phone number. I was really impressed with the stuff so I got in touch with them and bought a jar. And as long as I can keep getting a hold of it I won't use anything else.

oldgold69

mother to finish  dupont rubbing compound for rough cut

JB400

I used Eagle One to polish a plane.  Works great.  I should have used a buffer though.

bill440rt

I'm using Griot's Garage mag wheel polish as my main aluminum polish. Stuff is awesome.  :yesnod:
For wheels I switched to a Meguiar's polishing kit/cone with their aluminum polish, works very well.
I occasionally also use Simi-Chrome polish in a tube, probably similar to Autosol I think? doesn't leave any scratches, though.

I shelved the Mother's stuff after using those other polishes.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

A383Wing

Mothers with the power ball

Bryan

Fred

So that's where you hide you gold plated nuggets Bryan.

A383Wing

you are not getting ahold of my nuggets....

Bryan

Fred

Why? did you promise them to skip.  :icon_smile_big:
Tell me you didn't.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 02:07:46 AM
I used Eagle One to polish a plane.  Works great.  I should have used a buffer though.

Did it slide off the runway on landing?

JB400

Quote from: Fred on October 03, 2012, 12:52:19 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 02, 2012, 02:07:46 AM

Did it slide off the runway on landing?
Nope, you never polished the runway.

Quote from: A383Wing on October 02, 2012, 10:46:24 PM
Mothers with the power ball

Bryan

Gold nuggets or imitation rust  :lol:

Before and after with Mothers (with the help of paint stripper to remove the clearcoat)

Edit: I should add that these were done about 5 years ago and finally need a repolish. I went with Mothers again.

charger Downunder

For no scratches delicate stuff mothers chrome polish in a liquid.
Eagle mag wheel polish for alloy wheels.
[/quote]