News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ABC Sucks!

Started by volk68, February 06, 2006, 01:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

volk68

I have never seen a more poorly run Superbowl than this one.

The pre-game was pathetic.  Aaron Neville on the National Anthem???  Aretha Franklin joining in with so much mic distortion whe was painful, and Neville's mic was barely audible.  Joss Stone???  Stevie Wonder has lost alot in his age, but at the close of his performance (which, again, bordered on being noise due to bad sound engineering) in the only truly audible aspect of his act, he announces to the all white crowd (wth?) in front of the stage that it is "time to love...it's not about religion...we need to save our people from annihilation..."  Did I miss something???  What kind of political statement was he trying to make, anyway? 

The game coverage itself was no great shakes, either.  I am one of the few who actually enjoy Madden and Michael's typical game announcing, but this was sub par.  The stat man seemed to have missed his flight.  Down and distance seemed to come AFTER the third down play had ended.  Relevant game information just didn't really appear in this contest.

Half time was a debacle with the Stones.  Sloppy is the only way to describe their performance, and horrid again was the sound engineering.  I had to change the channel to watch something else until they were finished...and I like the Stones.

The post game was perhaps the largest example of corporate ignorance I have seen.  Was anyone down on the field a fan of football?  Were they familiar with the human interest aspects of the game?  The relevant post game was about 2 minutes long.  Cowher and Roony spoke.  Heinz Ward is given the MVP with little interview whatsoever.  Bettis is foisted onto the stage as almost an afterthought, and the first question he is asked is "are you retiring?".  I never even saw Rothlisberger witht he trophy...nevermind the fact that he is the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl.  Seriously, this was a debacle of epic football proportion. 

I hope ABC never lands another Superbowl again.

mastermopar

I did not watch the POST GAME ceremonies for the first time since the Steelers beat the Rams in Super Bowl whatever..

Performances were awful... Would have been much better to have the Girl & Boy Scouts troop meet..

That is why we have Rap music.. Nobody can sing in key anymore @ least not live...

I will no longer complain when I see a National Recording artist lip sing...
1970 CHARGER RT/SE 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1968 CHARGER RT 440 4 SPEED TRACK PACK

1970 ROADRUNNER 440 + 6 V CODE POST 4 SPEED SUPER TRACK PACK AIRGRABBER

nh_mopar_fan

Rothlisberger didn't deserve to hold the trophy. They won in spite of him. He SUCKED.

I'd have given Randle El the MVP. He made some great stops and threw the best pass on any player in a Pitt uniform.

Madden hasn't had an insightful thing to say in years. He just regurgiates that same tired crap over and over.

4402tuff4u

I have to agree about the National Anthem. Why can't they just sing it the normal way with the same melody as it was written and composed. You couldn't understand the words or anything. My kids were looking at me with a WTF expression on their faces. I just shook my head. They always have to try to re-invent the melody and put this awful sounding twist to it!!  I really don't get it. LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!..... :flame:

I just have to give the Stones allot of credit for their age and still moving around (Mick) like a kid. He was a bit out of breath at the end of a few songs thou. He should stay with the studio recordings. I like some of the new songs too.

The best commercial was the Americom (?) when the girl is trying to get out of her aisle in the plane, and the plane hits a bit of turbulence and ends up in the sleeping guys lap with her legs straddling him and he's waking up from a nap.  :D :2thumbs: Cool way to wake up!

I couldn't keep my eyes open for the end of the game, so I went to bed.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

volk68

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 06, 2006, 02:26:24 PM
Rothlisberger didn't deserve to hold the trophy. They won in spite of him. He SUCKED.

I'd have given Randle El the MVP. He made some great stops and threw the best pass on any player in a Pitt uniform.

Madden hasn't had an insightful thing to say in years. He just regurgiates that same tired crap over and over.

It's a team game, and while Roethlisberger didn't play a very good game overall, he made enough plays to win the game.  Furthermore, the Steelers had the hardest trip to the Superbowl of any team...ever.  Roethlisberger is a huge reason why they were able to go, and was the primary difference maker against the Broncos and Indy...which is precisely why he should have been one of the first to hoist the trophy.  Your analysis is a little shortsighted.  Of course, you are a Pat's fan, so I guess I should have expected that  :icon_smile_wink:

ChargerBill

I agree 100%....FOX did a MUCH better job.
Life is a highway...

HDCharger

I agree as well.  I was watching it in HD and the sound was in and out the whole game.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: volk68 on February 06, 2006, 04:11:07 PM

It's a team game, and while Roethlisberger didn't play a very good game overall, he made enough plays to win the game.  Furthermore, the Steelers had the hardest trip to the Superbowl of any team...ever.  Roethlisberger is a huge reason why they were able to go, and was the primary difference maker against the Broncos and Indy...which is precisely why he should have been one of the first to hoist the trophy.  Your analysis is a little shortsighted.  Of course, you are a Pat's fan, so I guess I should have expected that  :icon_smile_wink:

Yeah, that's us, the short-sighted Pats fans. We like our championships a little more often than every 14 years.

;D

volk68

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 06, 2006, 06:59:50 PM
Quote from: volk68 on February 06, 2006, 04:11:07 PM

Yeah, that's us, the short-sighted Pats fans. We like our championships a little more often than every 14 years.

;D

Hey, what do I know about championships....the Dolphins haven't seen one since 73 :icon_smile_sad:

Beware, though, NH...Saban has a plan...it should be an interesting year in the East next season :yesnod:

twilt

Darn,  i have been elightened!  At the time, i thought it was just the lousy TV set in my dads hospital room! He had a stroke last week, so i watched the game with him at the hospital.

HDCharger

Sorry to hear that twilt.  Hope everything goes OK.  GodSpeed to you dad.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

Silver R/T

I saved myself from disappointment and didn't watch it :) Hanging out with buddies is better anyways
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: volk68 on February 06, 2006, 01:12:46 PM
I have never seen a more poorly run Superbowl than this one.

The pre-game was pathetic.  Aaron Neville on the National Anthem???  Aretha Franklin joining in with so much mic distortion whe was painful, and Neville's mic was barely audible.  Joss Stone???  Stevie Wonder has lost alot in his age, but at the close of his performance (which, again, bordered on being noise due to bad sound engineering) in the only truly audible aspect of his act, he announces to the all white crowd (wth?) in front of the stage that it is "time to love...it's not about religion...we need to save our people from annihilation..."  Did I miss something???  What kind of political statement was he trying to make, anyway? 

The game coverage itself was no great shakes, either.  I am one of the few who actually enjoy Madden and Michael's typical game announcing, but this was sub par.  The stat man seemed to have missed his flight.  Down and distance seemed to come AFTER the third down play had ended.  Relevant game information just didn't really appear in this contest.

Half time was a debacle with the Stones.  Sloppy is the only way to describe their performance, and horrid again was the sound engineering.  I had to change the channel to watch something else until they were finished...and I like the Stones.

The post game was perhaps the largest example of corporate ignorance I have seen.  Was anyone down on the field a fan of football?  Were they familiar with the human interest aspects of the game?  The relevant post game was about 2 minutes long.  Cowher and Roony spoke.  Heinz Ward is given the MVP with little interview whatsoever.  Bettis is foisted onto the stage as almost an afterthought, and the first question he is asked is "are you retiring?".  I never even saw Rothlisberger witht he trophy...nevermind the fact that he is the youngest QB to ever win a Superbowl.  Seriously, this was a debacle of epic football proportion. 

I hope ABC never lands another Superbowl again.

Agreed, this years superbowl was dull and hardly exciting. What is with the national anthem? I picked up about the first and last lines and then lost the rest in whatever he was singing. Must have been in Chinese or something.  :rotz:

Was it ABC's fault though? They did a bang up job on the Rose Bowl this year... Or maybe it was just impossible for them to screw up one of the greatest college games ever. I hope next years superbowl is wayyy better than this year, and can rival the Rose Bowl.  :icon_smile_question:
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali

resq302

Quote from: ChargerBill on February 06, 2006, 05:48:33 PM
I agree 100%....FOX did a MUCH better job.

Fox also did not have advertising for its shows every third regular commercial.  After all, isn't the commercials the best part of the Superbowl anymore?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69_500

So the Patriots like their SuperBowls more often than every 14 years? Well lets see here, 40 SuperBowls, 5 wins for the steelers averages out to 1.25 per 10 years. Patriots 3 Superbowl wins in 40 years, which happens to come out to 13.3333 years between them on average.

nh_mopar_fan

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm sure that the math was a great consolation to the Squealer fans as they sat around the last 14 years without a championship.