News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re: NHC's 68 Charger resto/thrash-update- it's alive

Started by NHCharger, September 30, 2012, 08:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on July 07, 2013, 08:02:19 PM
After torturing me for 2 1/2 years in my shop the paint and body work is complete, except for some hand glazing and a little tweak here and there.I can finally work on putting her back together.

OMG, has it really been that long??  It seems like you picked her up a year ago.  :eek2:

Paint looks amazing Brian! Can't wait to see it in person.  :drool5:  :popcrn:  You have your shopping list ready for Carlisle?  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

resq302

Wow Brian.  That thing looks amazing in the sun.  Can't wait for all the trim and bright work to be put back on and that thing will be stunning!   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Just 6T9 CHGR

That came out awesome!  Great talent right there  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bull

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on February 03, 2013, 07:36:25 PM
Almost looks like you know what you're doing.  ;)

Well, he is our resident Supreme Commander. :yesnod:

Excellent work! Looking real nice. :2thumbs: That blue is stunning.

Wow, the word "amateur" is being nice in this pic :o: How did the repair turn out?

NHCharger

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Coming from a bunch of picky bastards like you it means a lot to me. There are flaws in the paint. Had a problem with the makeshift paint booth and had a lot of dirt in the clear coat, 95% of it I was able to buff out. Had a big honking run in the clear on the passenger quarter. Thought I got it all out but if you look at that area just right you can see it. I'll try to rub it out this winter. This was the first car I have ever painted. Wished I had practiced on a Pinto first.

Bull- the frame repair came out fine. I wasn't concerned with grinding down the weld flush with the frame. This area is behind the steering box and is hard to see.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 08, 2013, 06:24:16 AM
You have your shopping list ready for Carlisle?  :2thumbs:

Still working on it. It continues to grow. I was hoping to be further along with the car at this point. I'm leaving from work around noon on Wednesday. Decided to trailer the 71 down this year. Give me a call when you and the boys get to Carlisle.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bull

At least there aren't any gaping holes like before. :2thumbs: Makes you wonder what happened when you see strange damage like this.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on July 08, 2013, 07:32:18 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 08, 2013, 06:24:16 AM
You have your shopping list ready for Carlisle?  :2thumbs:

Still working on it. It continues to grow. I was hoping to be further along with the car at this point. I'm leaving from work around noon on Wednesday. Decided to trailer the 71 down this year. Give me a call when you and the boys get to Carlisle.

Will do. Plan on leaving earlier this year so I hope to be in PA by 11am or noon. Have a safe trip down! (that goes for everyone!)
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

firefighter3931

The car is coming along nicely Brian....excellent work !  :2thumbs:

That blue is awesome....nice choice  :drool5:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

tnthull

Al

1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

472 R/T SE

You should be proud. 

Daytona R/T SE's rig is another one that turned out beautiful in blue.   Except his was painted by "professional".

Baldwinvette77

looks amazing  :2thumbs: almost makes me want to paint mine blue..... but then there would be too many  :icon_smile_big:

as for the amateur frame repair.... well wow, even my first attempt at welding was prettier, and i forgot to turn the gas on  :rofl:

bzabodyn

Great color! Thanks for painting the radiator support black in the right spots...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

NHCharger

Been plugging away. Just when you think you cannot remove anymore parts off the car - you do.
These cars rust in the weirdest places. Must have been a mouse house inside the frame. Right side was fine.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Bought some goodies at Carlisle. Added a core stiffener and sub frame connectors
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

cdr

great job !!!!  those are fun to install -------------------not   :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

NHCharger

Dash wiring gave me nightmares for a week. Had to buy a new bulk head connector. Someone drilled through it and re-routed the wires that should have gone to the ammeter.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Upgraded front suspension and added front disk brakes.Added stiffening plates to LCA's.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Is there a mouse in the house :o :o  I picked up this non A/C heater box at Carlisle last year, thought it felt kinda of heavy- LOL. I rebuilt the heater box and had the heater core tested before reassembly.

The clown who rewired the car is lucky he didn't burn it down. The two wires that should have ran to the ammeter were jury rigged. One ran straight to the back of the starter switch, the other just tied into the dash harness somewhere, with no wire nut, just electrical tape. No idea how the car actually started and ran. I spent a week tracing out every wire and fixed several problems (I hope). I used a product called liquid tape that you can buy at HD. It's great for fixing nicked wires or sealing up the ends of butt connectors.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto