News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger on Ebay

Started by charlie45, September 30, 2012, 07:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie45

Anyone seen this one yet???

Any thoughts? Seller has somewhat of a dubious reputation based on typing his name in google (at least the name from the youtube videos in the description)...

However the car looks pretty decent besides some of the welding underneath the car and the roof lining job...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271070671189&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:MOTORS:1123#ht_1152wt_1182

Thoughts please...  :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question:

marshallfry01

I think I would stay away from it. I see some signs of a cheap restoration. Rear valance corners are smoothed over.... Sign of bondo already. The dash also hasn't been touched on the gauges.  It looks like a good car but not $28,000 IMO.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

bull

"This car has been gone through from top to bottom." :scratchchin: Apparently he only spent a few hours on the bottom and the interior. And somewhere there's a 69 missing its seats.

Indygenerallee

Gotta love the smoothed over rear valance corners. MUD CITY!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

Sold $28,000  About average.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on October 01, 2012, 01:19:07 AM
Sold $28,000  About average.

money saids the buyer thinks he is 'investing' and plans to sell it for 40k, but at that price your now attracting true mopar heads who know their stuff.

YOu see it all the time a non-mopar head who does not know anything about the cars, but 'thinks' these chargers go up in value thinking they got a deal and then try to sell it for double, but cant get any sellers etc....hell even dealers do it they tell their managers they found a old charger and we can double our value.

JB400

Yep, know all about it.  I go to car auctions all the time.  Not everyone has what it takes to flip a car and make a profit.  You  have to know about your customer.