News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 RT charger WIW/photos also

Started by photon, September 29, 2012, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photon

I am currently selling a 68 RT project car on ebay.  I had it listed once and a dirtbag bidder backed out.  I believe that he just got bid up to a number that was out of his range eventhough he set it as a reserve bid ( I would not have paid his winning bid price myself for the car).  I relisted the thing and have had a few people call on it.  I have a guy coming to look at the thing on Monday with trailer and cash in hand.  I am a little up in the air on a good cash price on the car.  I know there are ebay prices and cash offers in the real world.  What do you guys think.   I will put the link to the ebay add and in the top part of my ebay description there is a photbucket link to 154 photos of the car.  Tell me what you think.  Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-RT-1968-dodge-charger-440-RT-Hemi-mopar-plymouth-/160890581237?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2575d370f5

westcoastdodge

i wish mine was as solid as that when i got it,looks like the front torsion bar box is a bit f**** but other than that straight forward sheet metal work,id take it :D
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

469 runner

That one is rough, maybe just a parts car.  Being an RT doesn't neccessarily warrant trying to bring that one back.  There is a lot more rust here than meets the eye.  I sold one like it last year for 2500.  Don't mean to hurt feelings here.

photon

Wont hurt my feelings one bit.  Just looking for opinions.  Acturally the torision bar area in the frame rails are in real nice shape.  Just the area from opposite side of where they T off to the door side off the front frame rail.  Keep them coming.  Thanks

Hairball27

Hey sent you a message on the rt, (canada) went to 2 g,s not seeing more than that. not sure about ebay reality these days , lot of possible scam crap out there. like your car but not above 2 g

skip68

I know I'm gonna get slammed for this but I say $5,500.  Ballpark.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

photon

Hey if anyone slams you I have your back.  I have followed several project RTs on ebay for a few months and I thought 5000 or so as well.   Some of those actually sold with feedback left.  There are several good things on this car that could go for some good cash.  It just goes back to the old saying that parts are worth more than the whole.  I just dint want to part the thing out.  I would like to see someone do something with this one and get her back on the road.  Thanks again for any thoughts/suggestions.

NHCharger

I looked at a 68 R/T about in that shape three years ago. It was triple green, with a 383, 2bbl. The engine did run. I didn't look under the car so I don't know if the frame had any rust. The car was in Maine so I have to assume there was some. Funny thing is the grille was perfect. He was asking 4.5k, dropped to 4.2 but I still passed. Another guy bought it, cleaned it up and sold it on the bag for 13k.
Being an R/T I'm going to say 4-5k.
Starting January 1, 1968 all engines were supposed to have the car vin # stamped on it. With a build date in March yours should have a number. It would pay to check since a numbers matching engine would make that car much more desirable to some people.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

472 R/T SE

Do you know where to look for those #'s with a '68?

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

472 R/T SE

I know, I was just curious if he knew?