News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another 70 stolen just saw it on moparts

Started by 68 CHARGER R/T, September 22, 2012, 08:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on September 24, 2012, 11:58:04 AM
For little money, a person can get a system that can email, text or call you when there is motion in an area.  There's also a camera that will send a picture of a motion event within seconds of the movement.  I tested this out recently. 

I've been procrastinating about putting my system together, I have what I need.  Just have to get off my ass and do it.  Once it's in place I'll share what I have... :2thumbs:

I see too many people driving in my neighborhood that don't belong looking in garages.  The older I get the more paranoid I get. :eyes:

I'm not so sure that paranoia is such a bad thing.  People do indeed scout areas to go do something just like this. 

I would love a tracking unit in the car but first things first, make it very hard to break in in the first place. 

I have been toying with the idea of making the Charger harder to break into by removing the lock pin, disengaging the outside lock and adding a blocker to the inside door handle so you can't engage it by sticking something between window and weatherstrip.  Once the power locks are installed this is easily done but of course if the battery dies I'll be locked out as well.   :icon_smile_big:

Maybe I should just paint it green again, that ought to keep everyone at a healthy distance.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

DadsCharger00

I would agree. Not sure it's even paranoia or just caring for the things that you've worked hard for. I grew up in a small town. Small enough if you passed gas up wind, a mile down the road they already knew you did before you'd finished, what you'd ate, and who was there when you did it! Heck we all knew everyone in town, and something like this "isn't" a risk. But sadly it's not really the people you know, it's the guys cousin in town, who sees something, and tells his cousin, and next thing ya know, it's gone and no one is anymore the wiser on who did it. We lock everything up tight even if we are still going to be on the property. Doesn't matter how hard you've worked for it, some idiot out there still thinks they DESERVE it more then you do.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :flame: :flame:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

JB400

Agreed!!! :punkrocka: :woohoo: :METAL: Glad to here one more Mopar was saved from the black market, chop shops, and plain stupidity.  I bet someone is going to take a few more precautions before leaving it somewhere with anybody.

tracpack440

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

i still find funny...where is the owner in all this?  He stores a car in a warehouse instead of his nice home? I saw those pics of his home and its super nice.  Leaves it there for weeks and does not visit the storage place  :shruggy:

charger Downunder

Great outcome but what condition is the car in.?
[/quote]

Ghoste

A lot of great cars are stored in warehouses and frequently in bad neighborhoods.  There are also a lot of great cars in storage that are infrequently visited.  There is nothing unusual about that part at all.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ghoste on September 26, 2012, 05:38:25 AM
A lot of great cars are stored in warehouses and frequently in bad neighborhoods.  There are also a lot of great cars in storage that are infrequently visited.  There is nothing unusual about that part at all.

I have a warehouse in a complete crap hole of a neighborhood. The kind of neighborhood you never go into without being armed.  I keep the Charger and my 69 Bee in there, never had a problem yet.

With that being said we are closing on a different property for our business, and the cars will be moved hopefully within a few weeks.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DadsCharger00

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 26, 2012, 09:21:06 AM

I have a warehouse in a complete crap hole of a neighborhood. The kind of neighborhood you never go into without being armed.  I keep the Charger and my 69 Bee in there, never had a problem yet.

With that being said we are closing on a different property for our business, and the cars will be moved hopefully within a few weeks.

So Tim.... Where EXACTLY is this warehouse you speak of where you cars are....  :D

chargerboy69

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 26, 2012, 09:22:45 AM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 26, 2012, 09:21:06 AM

So Tim.... Where EXACTLY is this warehouse you speak of where you cars are....  :D

:smilielol:

Mike, you may want to carry at least a 45cal. down there. Some of the guys down there have been hitting Popeyes buffet a little much, and anything less than a 9mm won't even slow them down.  All kidding aside, some of them would probably look after my stuff.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

charger_fan_4ever

Good stuff i would have thought she was a goner.

Now get the rottweilers trained and let them roam ;-)

Fred

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 26, 2012, 10:00:13 PM

I've got 2 and now even my friends have abandoned me.  :scratchchin: Can't figure it out.  :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

Quote from: Fred on September 27, 2012, 12:32:19 AM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on September 26, 2012, 10:00:13 PM

I've got 2 and now even my friends have abandoned me.  :scratchchin: Can't figure it out.  :shruggy:

probably due to your once a month shower routine

Bryan

stripedelete

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on September 24, 2012, 12:17:28 PM
But sadly it's not really the people you know, it's the guys cousin in town, who sees something, and tells his cousin, and next thing ya know, it's gone and no one is anymore the wiser on who did it.

Spot on buddy!  It's not the guy who saw it.  It's the guy three bar stools down that hears him talking about.

Ghoste