News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What happened over at the 1970 Charger Registry?

Started by AKcharger, September 27, 2012, 11:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Stopped in there to browse around and found my profile was deleted? Looks like the discussion board changed a bit, did everyone get removed and have to re-register??

Ghoste

It purges after a certain period of time of non participation.

DC_1

Ya, that happened to me too before. I don't stop in there a lot and last time I missed a few months they dump my profile and sign in

AKcharger

nvrbdn

i was kicked  to the curb, and being on hotmail  couldnt reactivate, so i just never tried to get back in. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Nobody gets their profile deleted, unless they register and never post. I don't see the point of registering in say January, and never log on for 6 or 8 months. Believe it or not that happens. Hotmail addresses are OK with the new board. Hotmail is the king of spammers though. I can't tell you how many a week we deal with (Troy knows).

The new board went up in November 2010. There was no way to carry over the members. If you haven't been around since 2010, then yes, you would not see your name. I know the name AKcharger and I would never delete it.

It's a small board and everyone is welcome there.

:cheers:

ACUDANUT

So if you register your 70 Charger and don't post often, you and your 70 Charger are thrown to the curb ? :scratchchin:

nvrbdn

well, mabey kicked to the curb was the wrong terminology :smilielol:  i tried to get in 1 day and was probably one of the guys who hadnt been there for a while. well i cant say that, i would go and look at the pic's and check the events and such, but never posted. just enjoyed looking around. but i was on there and a vanning site or two, plus a few other car related places. so my time anywhere was thin. so your right, i never posted. then talked to someone about it and was told about the problems they had with hotmail. so i figured no big deal. when i change my mail address id drop back in and start over. but you know how that goes, still got the same dang email address.  :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 28, 2012, 10:41:57 AM
So if you register your 70 Charger and don't post often, you and your 70 Charger are thrown to the curb ? :scratchchin:

Registering your Charger is in no relation to the message board. That's a common misconception people make. Anyone can register and lurk all they want. What I am saying, is that people register and never even log on. I don't get why they do that, because they still can't see some pictures and topics on the site. We are talking like 6 or 8 months down the road that they have never logged on once, not a week or two. Anyone can lurk, but at least log in or there's no use to even want to be registered on the board.

Troy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 28, 2012, 10:41:57 AM
Um, no. According to Chris's explanation above: if you create an account ***on the forum*** and never post (or even log in) that account gets deleted after 6 months. You do not need to have a car in the registry to belong to the forum and you don't need to register a car just because you are a forum member. Separate things. When they did an earlier server upgrade they created a new forum but did not move member accounts (or threads/posts) from the old server to the new one so if someone hadn't been there for a long time they wouldn't have an account at all on the new server.

I haven't been there in forever (no free time it seems) and my account is still active (just checked).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

nvrbdn

now that im down to just this forum mabey i should go back and re-register and use my yahoo email that i use for fantasy football. :scratchchin:  this time i actually have a painted car so i could post a pic. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 28, 2012, 11:33:22 AM
now that im down to just this forum mabey i should go back and re-register and use my yahoo email that i use for fantasy football. :scratchchin:  this time i actually have a painted car so i could post a pic. :yesnod:

That's cool. Don really maintains the message board, but I can get you in. Hotmail or yahoo will work.

And  :iagree: with Troy.

charger_fan_4ever

We are a small bunch over there. Its the place for 70 guys. Had many answers received over there. With all the 70 differences thats the place to go those guys know their stuff :)

nvrbdn

yep, just went over and read a few things. i will have to jump in tonight when i get home and can see my vin#. gotta do the nhra at madison il. gateway track at three today.  but ill jump after that.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House