News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

belts on 383

Started by lasvegas69charg, September 26, 2012, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

hi. I'm getting closer on completing the engine. Does anyone have a pic on how the belts are ran for the alt, ac,  pwr steering and water pump?. It looks to me that the water pump is the first belt on the crank pulley(closet to rad) and it goes around the water pump and tensioner. The second belt is power steering and crank pulley and the last two is on the back of the crank pulley(close to engine) and its for the ac and alternator. Am I correct?

diagram:
engine    crank pulley

lllllllllll   l l-l l-l l-l l
           alt/ac-alt/ac-pwrstr-wtrpump
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

lasvegas69charg

Also why is there two belts for the alt/ac?  My thoughts are one for the ac and one for the alt just like the steering and water pump but I have a dual pulley alternator.  Thanks in advance.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Just 6T9 CHGR

You are correct in your assumption...might be hard to see in this pic (440 engine but routing is the same).

Dual belt for AC is due to extra load from AC compressor clutch etc
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

lasvegas69charg

that is exactly what i needed.  thanks 6t9 chgr