News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1966 to 68 automatic shifter detent button- plastic or chrome?

Started by Ghoste, September 27, 2012, 09:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Saw some recently about the shift detent buttons being plastic or die cast metal on different cars.  I have only ever seen them plastic, which ones had the die cast?

bill440rt

Interesting. I don't think I've seen pot metal ones, either.  :scratchchin:
The handle was pot metal, but the button was chromed plastic. At least the ones that I've seen as well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

My original one was plastic but the after market one I got is pot metal. I actually prefer it.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

I got a bunch of pot metal ones here from chargers I have parted out many years ago...got some plastic ones as well

Bryan

Ghoste

A383Wing

Ghoste

You said Chargers, plural, were they all the same year of Charger or were they all different?  If they were different, do you recall which years had plastic and which had metal?

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on September 28, 2012, 08:33:24 PM
You said Chargers, plural, were they all the same year of Charger or were they all different?  If they were different, do you recall which years had plastic and which had metal?

66's is what I parted out many moons ago...maybe 1 or 2 67's......but mainly 66's.....I got about4 of each plastic or pot metal buttons here

Bryan

peepsrock

Quote from: A383Wing on September 28, 2012, 09:50:27 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on September 28, 2012, 08:33:24 PM

66's is what I parted out many moons ago...maybe 1 or 2 67's......but mainly 66's.....I got about4 of each plastic or pot metal buttons here

Bryan

I've had the same experience.  In the 66 and 67s, some are plastic, some are potmetal.  Haven't found a pattern.