News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

o'riellys comes through!

Started by hawkeye, September 25, 2012, 08:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

they said it was the last one in their system but i got a brake booster 54-73603, the replacement for the bendix unit. although not  a bendix, it is a whole lot better than dragging my feet.  with the core charges, tax and master cylinder it was less than $200.   sometime down the road, maybe i'll be lucky enough to find the real deal.

JB400

Glad you got it.   The way Murphy works though, it'd be my luck that one's a dud.  Hope it works out for you. :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: hawkeye on September 25, 2012, 08:37:34 PM
they said it was the last one in their system but i got a brake booster 54-73603, the replacement for the bendix unit. although not  a bendix, it is a whole lot better than dragging my feet.  with the core charges, tax and master cylinder it was less than $200.   sometime down the road, maybe i'll be lucky enough to find the real deal.

Awesome find, I've been looking for months.  :drool5: Now go brake something and quit dragging your feet.  :rofl:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ACUDANUT

Just FYI, if you have a part like this or anything that can be rebuilt, (dist, calipers, brake boosters ect) NAPA will take your part and send it to A1-cordone and they will rebuild it for you.

resq302

If that is the case then NAPA will not be seeing any of my cores as I have found that A-1 Cardone is the WORST when it comes to having stuff rebuilt.  Out of the box the stuff leaks or doesn't work.  Ive had steering boxes, power steering pumps, and master cylinders all either die on me within a month or right out of the box.  Ive found that it is easier just to go to someone reputable who charges the same if not a little less like Booster Dewey or other people who do quality work.  Install it and never have to worry about it again for a long time.  Just my experience, thats all.   :Twocents:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Nacho-RT74

I would be happy enough if I find the correct Midland Ross check valve :(

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ACUDANUT

The majority of NAPA parts do not come from A1-Cordone...They just offered that service for a 59 jeep distributor that I needed rebuilt.  Napa's quality on other stuff is second to none.  They cost more but their stuff is not JUNK.