News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

10" magnum 500 wheels

Started by Fred, September 25, 2012, 03:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Does anyone know the correct recommended back spacing for 10" magnum 500 wheels fitted with Goodrich TA radials 295/50x15.
Would it be 5" or 5.5" backspace?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

twodko

Top 'o the morning Fred!

Other will chime in here but I'ver heard both numbers mentioned. Members have said there can be quite a difference between the spring stack and fender lip side to side. :Twocents:

On a another note, would the Mrs Share her recipe for the "elevensies" treat? Diane and I would both like to try it.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Fred

Quote from: twodko on September 25, 2012, 11:24:20 AM
Top 'o the morning Fred!

Other will chime in here but I'ver heard both numbers mentioned. Members have said there can be quite a difference between the spring stack and fender lip side to side. :Twocents:

On a another note, would the Mrs Share her recipe for the "elevensies" treat? Diane and I would both like to try it.

The Mrs. would be more than happy to share Tom. Which treat are you referring to?

Mopar Nut

I went with the 5" bs with the exact same tire and size on the back. Haven't received them yet, we'll see. I heard both 5" & 5.5" bs will be ok with that tire.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

twodko

The carmel artery assist treat dessert thingy.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

chargerboy69

I have a 18X10 wheel with 5.5" backspace. Perfect.  :2thumbs:

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Fred

I've got my tyres, they look great. Just waiting on the rims.

Chippa

Hey Fred if you are parting with your rims send me a PM i know someone who could make good use of them :wave: :wave: haha

Fred

Quote from: twodko on September 25, 2012, 06:59:03 PM
The carmel artery assist treat dessert thingy.

PM sent re: Sticky Date Pudding. :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: Chippa on September 25, 2012, 11:22:58 PM
Hey Fred if you are parting with your rims send me a PM i know someone who could make good use of them :wave: :wave: haha

So sorry mate, they've already been claimed.  

Chippa

Bummer!!! oh well it was worth a shot :2thumbs: cheers

tan top

measured up mine few years back  with the perceys wheelrite thingy  , 5.5 back space was the best !! have still got original quarters on mine  , measure both sides too !! :yesnod:

have a look here too  :scratchchin:

http://vexer.com/68rt/old_outdated_badly_coded_old_old_old_wheelguide.html
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 25, 2012, 07:06:49 PM
I have a 18X10 wheel with 5.5" backspace. Perfect.  :2thumbs:

ditto for me, some other disc and photos here (expect them to be tight :2thumbs: or shackles :-\)

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93467.msg1064859.html#msg1064859

Fred

Thanks everyone for your input.  Much appreciated.  :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

I have 15 by 8 magnums with a 4.5 backspace and 295/50 T/A. I have been tempted to buy the 10 inch rims but what concerned me was insurance with my track width being out. When i looked into it with the 10 inch rims i needed a 5.5 back space to comply with the track and that scared me as i thought it will put the tire very close to the leaf spring and body in the top of the wheel arch. I wasnt about to blow the $$ to find out,i thought of getting a plain rim widened to throw the tire on to check fitment but never did. It would definitely fit with a 5 inch back space but to be legal i would of had to get an engineers to sign of on the wheels.
[/quote]

Fred

Quote from: charger Downunder on September 26, 2012, 05:53:31 PM
I have 15 by 8 magnums with a 4.5 backspace and 295/50 T/A. I have been tempted to buy the 10 inch rims but what concerned me was insurance with my track width being out. When i looked into it with the 10 inch rims i needed a 5.5 back space to comply with the track and that scared me as i thought it will put the tire very close to the leaf spring and body in the top of the wheel arch. I wasnt about to blow the $$ to find out,i thought of getting a plain rim widened to throw the tire on to check fitment but never did. It would definitely fit with a 5 inch back space but to be legal i would of had to get an engineers to sign of on the wheels.

Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate your input. I don't want to get to close to the leaf springs either so I'm thinking I'll probably go with the 5" bs. The rims aren't cheap so I want to get it right. 

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on September 26, 2012, 11:48:03 PM

Thanks a lot mate, I appreciate your input. I don't want to get to close to the leaf springs either so I'm thinking I'll probably go with the 5" bs. The rims aren't cheap so I want to get it right. 
Fred, where are you getting the Magnums?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 27, 2012, 02:13:22 AM

I've got two sources (Elko and ANTIQUE TYRE SUPPLIES) but they're on back order (probably 2 months away)
Where are you at?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on September 27, 2012, 02:45:14 AM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 27, 2012, 02:13:22 AM

I've got two sources (Elko and ANTIQUE TYRE SUPPLIES) but they're on back order (probably 2 months away)
Where are you at?
Here in the States, I bought American Racing Vintage Magnum 500 from Jegs.

Fred

Thanks, I'll bare that in mind in case I run into trouble here.  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Here's some Magnum 500 in stock from Specialty Wheel, depending on your size. Might be costly to ship overseas.
http://www.specialtywheel.com/product-showcase/mopar/chrysler-magnum.html

Fred

I've been looking into it and in some cases the cost is pretty much the same (the Aussie dollar being at an all time high) so it could be an option.
Both my sources assure me they're on the next container and should be in before Xmas but there's never any guarantee. And I know if I buy them from USA I'll have them within a couple of weeks.
I'll check it out. Thanks again.

Fred

Well rather than wait till they land here and being there's no guarantee it'll be before Xmas, I've opted to take matters into my own hands and buy them from Summit.
I expect them next week.

Mopar Nut

Good deal, did you purchase the Wheel Vintiques 54 Series Magnum 500?

Fred

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 01, 2012, 12:12:14 AM
Good deal, did you purchase the Wheel Vintiques 54 Series Magnum 500?

Yes I did mate. I'll post pics as soon as they're on.