News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mixing the Holley Street Avenger with stock throttle linkage and stud

Started by bull, October 09, 2012, 11:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Megaparts sent me a carb linkage stud that's supposed to be stock for a four speed setup but it will not work without some modification to the Holley 770 I have. The threads on the stud are 5/16-18 and if I were to use the hole that needs to be used (pic below) I'd have to drill it to 17/64 and tap it, or I could just drill it to 5/16" and put a nut on the back side, which I'd probably do either way.

I've seen pics of the commonly used longer stud used on four speeds, which I believe are really for the automatic kickdown linkage or maybe cruise control, but I don't know what size the threads are on those. Are they 1/4" or 5/16"?

Finally, how does the throttle cable get attached to the hold down bracket? Is is supposed to clamp down on the rear metal portion?

Basically, if someone has pics of a Holley Street Avenger with a four speed style stud bolted to the top of a big block, I'd love to see them.

Here's the stud sold by Megaparts:
http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=101%2DCS440

Chryco Psycho

Holley sells a 20-7 adapter , this bolts onto the 2 small holes you have & positions the throttle stud properly for a Mopar . the steel sleeve on the end of the cable housing is clamped into a bracket that bolt on with the intake 

bull

Ah! Thanks.

Apparently you still need some extra hardware to mount the cable itself. The description says "Converts universal linkage to Chrysler." Yea? Well I guess the linkage ain't universal then, is it?

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/157302/10002/-1

Chryco Psycho

no unfortunatly , I have about 4 of the brackets but not in panama so kinda tough to send one to you

bull